JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for a Project Manager - Power Systems to be responsible for managing project team members to ensure that all project requirements, quality, HSE, deadlines and schedules are on track. The Project Manager will be responsible for submitting project deliverables, preparing progress reports, and establishing effective project communication plans as well as the proper execution strategy.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Overall project responsibility including, budget, planning, HSE, quality, risk assessment and mitigation, engineering, construction, testing and commissioning and close out activities.
* Project budgeting and financial model understanding and development, at the various project stage gates.
* Managing and coordination of project team/stakeholders; project engineer, project support team, customer project manager, owners' engineers, as well as the construction subcontractor to ensure subcontractors adherence to standards, permits, performance, quality and safety expectations.
* Well understanding of project contractual obligations and terms and conditions
* Manage day to day the project activities including commercial and contractual issues.
* Review/develop technical standards, specifications, drawings and documents.
* Negotiate/manage contracts with the vendors and subcontractors in the favor of project budget and back-to-back with the project contract terms and conditions.
* Setting up project execution strategy
* Project risk assessment, mitigation and reporting
* Project expenses control in the favor or cashflow and time schedule.
* Project team and resource management; monitoring, control and allocation
* Revision/development of project scope of work in line with the contractual agreement.
* Well understanding for the value-added engineering in the favor of project profit improvement.
* Strong communication with all project stakeholder and ability to negotiate and convince the client in technical solution in the favor of project budget and profit.
* Negotiation skills with client, designers, project stakeholders, contractors and suppliers
* Project planning preparation/review and development using primavera or MS Project.
* Ensure the compliance to the health and safety, applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
* Manage and coordinate with client owner's Engineering and client technical and engineering team as required to facilitate design reviews and approval.
* Coordinate multiple contractors at various stages of the project.
* Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field.
* Supervise and monitor subcontractors and ensure their work is in line with project specifications, requirements, progress and contract terms and condition
* Ensure the materials and Equipment are installed properly at site and within the applicable code and standard.
* Ensure proper storage area at site.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
* Upon completion of projects and site work, candidate to help the team in sales and business development. For this task, the candidate should be based in Riyadh city
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Power Engineering from an accredited college or university
* 12-15 years' project management experience in Power Engineering/power systems/PV/Conventional power plants.
* PMP Certification from PMI is a plus.
* Proven records for complete execution of power system projects in Saudi Arabia.
* Experience in EPC contract management and negotiation skills in contract terms and conditions.
* The PM must possess knowledge and experience with planning, program development, construction management and maintenance.
* The PM must possess experience in computer-aided design and drafting (CADD).
* The PM must possess experience with the Microsoft Office suite of software to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and other applicable systems.
* Experience in Primavera and MS project scheduling software is required.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.