JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
A very large multinational food business is looking for a Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager, to manage all food service ingredients purchasing, internationally and locally as well as the warehouse management, stock control, demand planning and fleet management.
As a Supply Chain Manager, you'll oversee and manage every stage of SC from purchasing the raw materials to the delivery of the final product. You'll ensure the right amount of product is made at the right time, as well as coordinate the storage of the product at different locations.
• Carry out price analysis and market surveys to find out market fluctuations and product availability.
• Find out, suggest, introduce, and thereby market suitable products and brands to the operations by maintaining cost-
effectiveness and client satisfaction.
• Conduct periodical tenders for the supply of regular items and select the suitable supplier for food and cleaning items, small equipment, and asset purchase.
• Monitor the efficiency of suppliers and departmental activities
• Manage the movement and maintenance of vehicle fleet of the company
• Conduct periodical visits to the locations to receive feedback on the quality of items supplied.
• Ensure that supply chain activities meet and integrate with the company’s requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, and environmental issues.
• Previous experience as a Senior Buyer of food ingredients and experience as a manager / Assistant manager in the supply chain or in a similar field.
• Excellent knowledge of supply chain processes and modules.
• Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or similar field.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Middle East Executive Group has become the first choice for industry professionals wanting to work in the Gulf region.
We understand exactly how supply chain performance and sales performance impacts the bottom line and top line of product led businesses and we have the experience, network & expertise to match skilled professionals with exciting new roles that suit their experience, passion and drive in this highly strategic industry.
Our specialist teams internally are;
- Commercial Management & Sales
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Strategic HR
The industries we focus on are;
- 3PL / Freight Forwarding
- Food & FMCG
- Medical & Pharmaceutical