JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will play a pivotal role in project management and financial oversight. Your responsibilities will encompass micro-level scheduling, acting as a liaison between clients for official communications, budget monitoring, site surveys, and procurement scheduling. Additionally, you will be tasked with preparing accurate Bill of Quantities (BOQ), resource planning based on project schedules, and closely monitoring project progress, both from an accomplishment and financial perspective. Managing man-hours, evaluating LPO, tracking variations, and preparing project and procurement schedules with weekly monitoring reports are integral components of your duties. You will also be responsible for monthly invoice preparation and submission and actively participate in project meetings.
· Thoroughly understand project scopes and maintain comprehensive project records for management and clients.
· Collaborate closely with site supervisors, chargehands, foremen, and engineers to ensure project coordination.
· Monitor daily project schedules and promptly report any schedule deviations to the Project Manager, taking corrective actions as necessary.
· Prepare resource planning schedules and submit for approval.
· Ensure that all client communications are documented via email with the allocated Project team in the loop.
· Prepare and submit monthly project invoices.
· Ensure completeness and validity of all contractual requirements.
· Commercial close out of the project including submission and negotiation of Statement at Completion and Final Payment Application including Final Measurements, New Rates etc.
· Develop micro-level schedules for projects.
· Act as an intermediary between the client for official communication.
· Monitor project budgets versus actual expenses.
· Conduct site surveys and prepare project and procurement schedules with weekly progress reports.
· Prepare accurate BOQ based on site surveys and project scope.
· Develop resource planning based on project schedules.
· Monitor project progress from both an accomplishment and commercial perspective.
· Prepare management reports for each projects
· Monitor project man-hours, comparing them to budgeted values.
· Evaluate LPOs, ensuring budget and quantity compliance.
· Check and communicate variations as they arise.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or a related field.
· Proven experience in quantity surveying and project management.
· Strong knowledge of construction costs, materials, and project scheduling.
· Proficiency in project management software and tools.
· Strong analytical abilities with keen attention to detail.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
MAKSTYLO Interiors as a division of TECHNOMAK Group of Companies, an ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2007 & OHSAS 18001 certified Company.
We are offering total turnkey solutions from Design , Fit out execution and handing over of the interior projects . We are very specialized in retail outlets interior fit out, Commercial Buildings , Hospitality , Residential, Offices , Cinemas and studios, Yacht & Marine interiors etc. With the strength of our in house highly motivated, well experienced execution team, we can convert any design to reality at the highest standards, within budget and the required time frames .
Our design division is headed by a group of professionals architects and interior designers with strong and hands on experience in the field of Interior & Acoustic design.
Makstylo has also full-fledged Joinery work shop situated at Dubai which is equipped to handle all type of Joinery works from procurement to final finish including dedicated painting booth for polishing and painting coats. Technomak, being established in Qatar already, has plans to come up with a more sophisticated facility shortly to cater to the growing needs of the State of Qatar.