JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Main Purpose of the Job:
This role will drive the HSE & BMS agendas across our business in the Middle East and South Asia.
Applying group initiatives at the regional level through engagement with stakeholders. The aim is to deliver a step change in culture, moving from a process driven response to embedded behavioural responses.
• Deliver a step change in BMS and HSE outcomes
• Communicate and ensure effective implementation of Group BMS policies across the region to drive performance improvement and collaboration
• Promote the routine use of Step to release added value to the business
• Promoting a culture of continuous improvement in the management of the Region
• Planning and implementing an internal audit schedule to meet Group requirements including live construction sites (regular and ad-hoc)
• Support management in setting up of BMS objectives and targets for the organisation
• Ensure that all non-conformances generated during the course of an external/internal audit are closed out, reporting escalations where necessary
• Reporting to the Regional General Manager on BMS performance, including analysis of trends and issues arising from audits and the dissemination of lessons learned as appropriate
• Ensure that project quality and HSE plans are effectively implemented by periodic site visit and audits.
• Represent the MESA Region externally, where required, including liaising with the enforcement authorities and other bodies as necessary
• Work with the Learning and Development teams to create a learning environment by developing training and orientation sessions BMS initiatives to be presented in the main and/or site offices
• Degree qualified in any relevant discipline
• Relevant health and safety qualifications (NEBOSH, IOSH, CSP etc.) from a recognised institution; an auditor qualification is desirable
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in a similar role; experience of working in a senior BMS role
• Ability to lead colleagues to recognise the value of the overall BMS system
• Lead client thinking and market presence
• The ability to influence management in identifying and managing risk
• Being able to assess situations in the full business context
• Continuously looking for innovations and improvements to manage workload and accomplish deliverables across individuals, teams and projects
• Using leadership skills to build and nurture relationships and also creating effective working environment
In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice. As such, we expect staff must always act:
• With integrity
• With due skill, care and diligence
• In good faith, and
• In compliance with all applicable laws
• Adopting an adaptive mindset and using strategic and critical thinking to approach problems in a new way
• Ability to deal efficiently with priorities and manage time appropriately
• A dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald's uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world's largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.