JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
As the Regional Project Controls Manager, you will play a pivotal role in managing design and construction projects within the region for Stantec. Your primary responsibility will be to assist in successfully delivering these projects by overseeing various aspects, including project controls, cost reporting, project planning, and execution.
You will be instrumental in aligning these construction projects with Stantec's overarching vision and objectives. This involves effective resource allocation, compliance with industry standards and regulations, and consistent client satisfaction. Your expertise and leadership will be crucial in navigating the complexities of construction management, ultimately contributing to achieving Stantec's mission and goals.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive regional project controls strategy to ensure consistent monitoring, reporting, and compliance across all projects.
• Assist in conducting periodic project reviews to assess progress in alignment with Stantec’s and client requirements, identify potential issues and notify required senior personnel/management upon identification, and ensure project alignment with Stantec's goals and objectives.
• Contribute to establishing and strengthening regional client relationships by understanding their expectations and concerns relating to project controls.
• Collaborate with different Stantec departments to ensure project scope and objectives align with client needs and expectations.
• Work closely with and support Project Managers, Design Managers, and Discipline Leaders to define and refine project scope and objectives.
• Ensure the scope definition is well-documented and communicated to all regional project stakeholders.
• Assist in reviewing and optimising resource allocation across multiple projects within the region.
• Assist Project Managers, Design Managers and Discipline Leaders in monitoring resource utilisation and ensure that resources are assigned to activities that align with project goals and budgets.
• Assist in identifying resource shortfall against project delivery plans.
• Stay up to date with local codes and regulations relevant to the construction industry within the region.
• Advise on implementing compliance measures across all projects to mitigate regulatory risks.
• Assist in establishing quality control standards and procedures for Stantec design and construction projects within the region.
• Assist Project Managers and Design Managers and Discipline Leaders in regularly reviewing project quality assurance processes, including inspections and testing, to ensure standardisation within Stantec and that projects meet defined quality standards.
Supplier and Subcontractor Coordination:
• Collaborate with regional suppliers and subcontractors to align their work with project objectives and quality standards.
• Monitor their performance and address any discrepancies or issues promptly.
• Ensure that standardised project documentation processes are consistently followed across the region.
• Assist in establishing and maintaining a centralised Stantec repository for policies, procedures, and documentation, ensuring compliance with company standards and regulatory requirements.
• Collaborate with project document controllers in managing accessibility version control and providing training to promote accountability and transparency across all projects.
• Assist in implementing a robust budget tracking system for all regional projects.
• Assist in regularly analysing project expense planning cost overruns and providing financial reports to Stantec stakeholders.
• Assist in championing a regional safety culture, emphasising the importance of adhering to safety protocols.
• Attend and contribute to regular safety audits and reviews with Directors, Project Managers and Discipline Leaders on Stantec projects.
• Be at the forefront of problem-solving and dedicated to addressing challenges that may arise during project design and execution stages.
• Develop and implement strategies for timely issue resolution and risk mitigation.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to project control teams within the region.
• Foster collaboration among team members and encourage sharing of best practices and lessons learned.
• 15 years of working experience as Regional Planning/Project Controls Manager
• Degree in design & construction planning or Qualification deemed relevant.
• CIOB, RICS or relevant professional body
• Problem solving
• Client facing
• Team player
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.