JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
A Resident Engineer - Civil plays a crucial role in overseeing and managing civil engineering projects for organizations like TRANSCO (Abu Dhabi Transmission and Dispatch Company).
They are responsible for ensuring the successful execution of various civil engineering projects, typically related to infrastructure, utilities, or construction.
TRANSCO project in Abu Dhabi
Your new role, what's involved?
The Resident Engineer Civil will be responsible for overseeing and managing civil engineering projects within the TRANSCO (Abu Dhabi Transmission and Dispatch Company) domain. They will play a pivotal role in ensuring that projects are executed according to specifications, on time, and within budget, while maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety.
* Supervise and manage civil engineering projects from inception to completion.
* Ensure adherence to project schedules and budgets.
* Review and approve project plans, drawings, and specifications.
* Maintain a focus on quality and compliance with industry standards and regulations.
* Perform regular quality control inspections and assessments.
* Collaborate with contractors and subcontractors.
* Review and negotiate contracts and change orders.
* Monitor contractor performance and enforce contract compliance.
* Provide technical guidance and support to the project team.
* Resolve technical issues and challenges that may arise during construction.
* Keep up to date with industry trends and best practices.
* Ensure strict adherence to safety protocols and regulations.
* Conduct safety audits and address any safety concerns promptly.
* Maintain accurate project records, including drawings, reports, and correspondence.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a related field. A Master's degree is a plus.
* Professional Engineer (PE) license or equivalent certification.
* Proven experience as a Resident Engineer Civil in large infrastructure or construction projects.
* Strong knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices.
* Excellent project management and leadership skills.
* Proficiency in project management software and tools.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of local and international construction codes and regulations.
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
* TRANSCO experience is mandatory
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.