JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
In the Middle East, we are working on some of the world's most iconic and complex projects. We take pride in helping our clients to realise their ambitions by offering our unique, local knowledge whilst leveraging our worldwide expertise. Our people, their expertise and the accountability we hold, for the future of our communities, make us unique.
We are looking to recruit a Resident Engineer – DMS to join our Power & Water Network supervision team in Abu Dhabi.
Manage the project during design, construction supervision and warranty period stage.
· Coordinate with client and liaison with town planning department for route approval
· Monitor that construction strictly follows approved design, reporting and clearance of non-conformance.
· Conduct daily review on the availability, accuracy and functionality of the EMS/DMS applications
· Ensure the highest level of monitoring of all operational activities of power Distribution Network
In order to be shortlisted for the role you will have the following;
· Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
· Should have 10 years’ experience in in the field of DMS/ EMS /SCADA in distribution projects in the Middle East.
· Experience with ADDC,TRANSCO, DEWA, FEWA, Kharamaa will be preferred
We are a Great Place to Work© and take pride in attracting, developing and engaging the best professionals in our fields of expertise. We are problem-solvers who evolve, improve, modernise and excel. We know our solutions will shape the communities of tomorrow and help societies thrive sustainably. We embrace change and have an uncompromising determination to achieve excellence.
We are WSP
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.