JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
To provide prompt and courteous F&B service to the Hotel's guests.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to the Hotel's policies and the department's standards of operation and be aware of the company's work ethics and code of conduct.
- Represent the department and the Hotel through grooming and right attitude.
- Understanding Principle of Accor in achieving guest satisfaction and working standards to maximize revenue through the conversion of guest inquiries to actual sales.
- Be fluent in Hotel products and Services and identify sales opportunity
- Handle online booking, fax and email related to restaurant reservation and be conversant to the hotel happenings.
- Be flexible in sales technique through offering right product to the right customer at the right time.
- Review Booked Report and reservation accuracy.
- Keep all equipment clean and in good working condition and reporting problems immediately to the Manager for action.
- Actively participate in promoting loyalty programs.
- Check and take necessary details with customers who has concern or complaint related to F&B and reservation to take action and correct any problems.
- Handle customer call, personal or email inquiries professionally and in courteous manner from the first greetings up to closing the transaction with the guest.
- Keep the working area, desk clean and set the required tools needed to use to do the task (telephone, computer, etc...)
- Have a sound knowledge and always be updated with the current F&B activation, Promotions, Deals and Partnership and be ready to explain the items upon request to assist the guests in making decision.
- Provide personalized service to guests and anticipate their needs that can lead to guest loyalty.
- Extend assistance to other departments if required or necessary, develop and maintain corrective and cooperative working relationship with colleagues.
- Prepare the Proposal, Proforma Invoice and bill by online payment, card or cash, for special F&B Events and Group bookings. Present it in professional manner, collect payment from the guests and return credit cards or change along with the receipt promptly.
- Clarify with guest the minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages in accordance to government regulations.
- Assist the Hostess in welcoming and seating the guests, answering calls, taking reservations especially during busy days and peak hours.
- Support the Restaurant Managers with special project as required or assisting in hosting client for site visit.
- Provide guests with information about hotel facilities and local areas, including giving directions.
- Be aware of the Hotel's Health, Safety and Security policies and procedures and be actively involved with the endeavors of the hotel towards sustainability through recycling and conservation of energy and water.
- Accept that the working hours are in accordance to the demand of the business, anticipate the volume of guests taking into consideration the occupancy of the hotel, holidays, weather and other events taking place in the hotel and in Dubai; overtime and days in lieu will be paid at the discretion of the management.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities assigned by the seniors.
- Maintain and update records essential to the operation (purchase requisition, weekly supplies, etc.) and ensure prompt reporting or submission.
- Understand the government and hotel employment regulations and follow the procedures in handling complaints.
- Adhere to the Lost and Found procedures of the hotel in ensuring safety of the guests' property.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Attendance at all scheduled training sessions, briefings and communication meetings is required.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to speak, listen and write effectively. Good knowledge of the English (and local) language which is the primary language used in the hotel.
- Knowledge of all restaurant information and promotion.
- Basic understanding of computer and computer software and micros system and Opera.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Be able to work with others in professional manner whilst achieving common goal and demonstrate sensitivity and awareness of workforce diversity in a multicultural setting.
- Willingness to learn new skill and technique necessary to perform the expected responsibilities related to the position
- Participate in service as and when required.
- Ensure complete job performance is as per the hotel standards.
- To carry out any other instructions issued by the Outlet Manager.
- To ensure an efficient and friendly service is provided to all clients by anticipating their needs, which will help maximize selling opportunities.
- Ensure that daily report is up to date with correct information.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to be considered for the position
- This position may require a college diploma or have attained formal certification similar or related to the position applied.
- Licenses or Certificates
- No previous license and/or certificates are needed for this position but is preferable.
- No previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is needed for this position but is preferable.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.