JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Risk Advisory | Internal Client Services | Assistant Manager - Learning & Development
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You'll understand that Deloitte is a Global brand with an uninterrupted presence since 1926. It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
A career in Risk Advisory is all about helping our clients managing the risk and uncertainty, from the boardroom to the network. The spectrum of risk is broad, and our core competencies encompass control assurance, internal audit, corporate governance, risk management and risk & regulatory consulting including IT security services. By becoming a Risk Advisory professional with Deloitte & Touche Middle East means that you will gain a wealth of knowledge& experience across a wide spectrum of industries. Diversity is not just a part of the business landscape in the region but also an integral part of Deloitte & Touche Middle East. Just as we are committed to seeing our clients excel, we are committed to providing you with the right environment to learn and grow and to tailor a career to your needs.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges, and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations, and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
During your tenure as an Assistant Manager - Learning & Development, you will support the Risk Advisory Middle East Risk Internal Client Services (ICS) team in working on practice initiatives, and collaborating with teams to develop Learning & Development including but not limited to the following:
Learning Focus & Learner Experience:
- Formulate talent development solutions for employees in areas related to performance management and learning & development
- Support employees in shaping their talent development agendas and strategies
- Lead the delivery of different talent development interventions and processes including annual
performance management cycles and training cycles
- Scoping and capturing employees' requirements and transform them into practical talent development solutions
- Act as a focal point with employees regarding different talent development services and offering
- Oversee the quality of solutions and service provided to clients
- Manage, coach, and develop a team of talent development associates
- Manage 'classroom/ hybrid' programs with the key stakeholders involved
- Coordinates everything related to the classroom, virtual, hybrid programs: invitations, LMS
(Saba Cloud) administration, attendees' management, material preparation (incl. printing), room
set-up, food & beverages, engagement & team building activities etc.
- Provides onsite support at L&D programs/events and is part of the pre & post event logistics/project team
- Creating & maintaining the annual training calendar
- Takes an active role in maintaining the relationship with the business to align L&D needs with internal learning options; also supports in content curation & creation
- Revamps the existing learning pathways in liaison with subject matter experts
- Ensures L&D team processes are aligned and adhere to Global Quality & Compliance processes
- Works closely with the Global L&D teams to drive technical certification programs in the region
- Coordinates and supports reports related to the learning management systems
- Uploads all training programs into the relevant internal portals or systems
- Prepares appropriate forms, correspondence, and records regarding course attendance, feedback on programs, instructors, etc.
- Takes ownership of Technology specific learning resources and libraries from end to end
- Learning content design and delivery; creation of related materials
- Coordinates the participation of facilitators/guest speakers for programs when necessary
- Coordinates material production and inventory for assigned courses
- Prepares and send program communication and advanced material packages to participants
- Sets up and supports online and/or virtual learning
Learning & Growth:
- Look for areas of continuous improvement across the Learning & Development function
- Works on additional projects related to people experience programs/ initiatives as assigned
- Demonstrates a culture of continuous learning within the Learning & Development team and benchmark against best practices in the HR industry and region-specific
- Acts as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building crossfunctional relationships as needed
- Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for
the impact they make
- Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Bachelor's in business administration/ equivalent
- 8-12 years of prior experience in learning and development
- Experience with Big 4 is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English) skills and Arabic is a plus
- Should be a team worker
- Hands-on experience in MS-office applications, with a focus on Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to multi-task in a demanding environment with flexible working hours
- Willingness to travel (when needed)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity