JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Who We Are
FTI Consulting is the world’s leading expert-driven consulting firm. Over the last 40 years, FTI Consulting experts have served as the trusted advisor to Fortune 500 companies and the world’s leading law and private equity firms when they are facing their greatest opportunities and challenges. Our strong performance and continued success are a direct reflection of the ambition, energy, and commitment of our talented professionals across the globe to make a positive impact for our clients and communities.
At FTI Consulting, you’ll be inspired and empowered to make an impact on headline matters that change history. Working side by side with the world’s leading experts in your field, you’ll be surrounded by an open collaborative culture that embraces diversity, recognition, professional development and most importantly, you.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join FTI Consulting and this is where you will do the most exciting and fulfilling work of your career.
Are you ready to make an impact?
About The Role
FTI Consulting Risk& Compliance Department is seeking a Risk & Compliance Manager to support and assist FTI’s operations in the Middle East and to work as part of the EMEA team in the development of a risk and compliance framework for the region. This position is located in Dubai and will report to the Director of Risk & Compliance for the EMEA region.
The primary focus will be on supporting the strategy and growth of FTI’s operations in the Middle East. It will also support the Director of Risk & Compliance, EMEA in designing, developing and directing FTI ‘s risk & compliance function in the EMEA region as well as related compliance initiatives that apply on a firm-wide basis.
What You’ll Do
· Act as Compliance Officer and MLRO for the firms’ DFSA regulated investment/corporate finance advisor, including ensuring that all policies, procedures, assessments, filings are up to date and on time and conducting CDD checks and risk assessments on new clients and matters.
· Advise the firm with regards to any compliance requirements in the Middle East, and implement and improve policies, processes and procedures.
· Assist with the development and implementation of compliance policies, standard operating procedures, training, auditing and monitoring activities to ensure an effective risk & compliance program throughout the EMEA region.
· Supporting the design, testing and rollout of new systems, policies and training programs in connection with a number of different legal and regulatory requirements, such as AML, insider dealing, failure to prevent tax evasion, etc.
· Working with colleagues in the Legal, Risk & Compliance function and acting as a point of contact for the Middle East and the wider EMEA region in relation to all risk & compliance issues and queries and effectively and efficiently resolve them.
· Drafting of guidance documentation both for practitioners and the Risk & Compliance function to ensure consistent approaches.
· Horizon scanning for new legal and regulatory developments and legal changes, assisting with the implementation of these.
· Assistance with other ad hoc issues as and when they arise, including the conduct of investigations, audits, or regulatory requests.
How You’ll Grow
We are committed to investing and supporting you in your professional development and we have developed a range of programs focused on fostering leadership, growth and development opportunities. We aim to promote continuous learning and individual skills development through on-the-job learning, self-guided professional development courses and certifications. You’ll be assigned a dedicated coach to mentor, guide and support you through regular coaching sessions and serve as an advocate for your professional growth.
As you progress through your career at FTI Consulting, we offer tailored programs for critical professional milestones to ensure you are prepared and empowered to take on your next role.
What You Will Need to Succeed
· Ability to weigh risks against operational needs to develop reasoned recommendations, including risk mitigation strategies, and provide sound compliance advice.
· Ability to handle unanticipated situations effectively and work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Self-starter with a desire to contribute meaningfully to the organisation, who is able to work both independently and with minimal direction, and as part of a team.
· Excellent judgment and the knowledge and ability to involve and keep key stakeholders and/or senior management appropriately informed.
· Excellent negotiation, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Several years of experience working in a risk & compliance role in a similar industry with a focus on the Middle East.
· Proven experience with compliance requirements in the financial/offshore centres in the Middle East.
· Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, incl. anti-money-laundering regulations, anti-bribery and corruption laws, sanctions, insider trading.
· Professional services experience, preferably in an international firm.
· Law firm or legal background would be highly beneficial.
· Any additional languages would be a bonus.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
FTI Consulting is an independent global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. Individually, each practice is a leader in its specific field, staffed with experts recognized for the depth of their knowledge and a track record of making an impact. Collectively, FTI Consulting offers a comprehensive suite of services designed to assist clients across the business cycle – from proactive risk management to the ability to respond rapidly to unexpected events and dynamic environments.