JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Provide support to the project by maintaining a visible presence to the field performing site visits to the entire project at least once per shift in coordination with the Project Manager
• Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HS&E programs in the field.
• Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance
• Inform the project management team and supervision of any new or conflictive legislative matters that could impact the project
• Develop a Site Safety Management Plan (SMP) for the project to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community
• Regularly audit the SMP for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with project scope and conditions.
• Ensure that all employees follow health, safety and environment rules and receive proper training in the use of the facility equipment
• Provide direction, support and resource to all site managers, supervisors, foremen and safety advisors
• Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately.
• Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
• Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
• Ensure injured workers are offered modified duties and documentation has been completed. Monitor and follow up on modified workers in the field.
• Ensure Safety Advisors are verifying field staff training and competencies; consult the project management team and Regional Safety Manager for compliance and action plan.
• Review safety obligations of the clients and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of the agreement, and communicated to the Project Manager, Supervisors, Foreman and Safety Advisors
• Ensure safety boards with postings including but not limited to: Health and safety policy, inspection and audit results, project hazard assessment, location of first aid, etc. are maintained and current.
• Ensure that the following material is available and on site, HS&E Manual, the applicable provincial legislation and regulations, site safety inspection forms, observation forms, tailboards and log books, fall protection plans etc.
• Detailed knowledge of QHSE and ISO Standard procedures
• Proven track record of success as an HSE professional in a large manufacturing company.
• Familiarity with regulatory compliance procedures, publications and an ability to interpret relevant legislation on behalf of the company.
• Excellent English communication skills in both written and speaking.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to engage and influence other regardless of role/level within the organization.
• High level of PC skills is greatly required.
• Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical and problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Albaddad group has been established in Abu Dhabi 1971 by the founder "Hussain Albaddad" to supply the requirements of the tents from the royal family that time and other official authorities in addition to the individual clients. Continued by the second generation of Albaddad who manage the company and develop it according to the highest world standardisation that made Albaddad group ranked number one worldwide.
Second generation of Albaddad family found that the need of establishing factories for prefabricated units, Aluminum, glass, technology, steel and steel structures in addition to the garden furniture and many other companies which diversity the business sectors and products.