JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Hyatt Place Experience. Hyatt Hotels have long been known for going beyond simple accommodations to create rewarding experiences for their guests. Through dramatic design, innovative cuisine and attentive service, Hyatt approaches the hotel stay as an opportunity to inspire. Hyatt Place, a new kind of Hyatt where the style's relaxed, and the standards are anything but. Hyatt Place is designed to give guests a brand-new hotel experience. And you are the key to bringing it to life.
You will be responsible to assist with the efficient running of the department in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations. The Sales Executive is responsible to maximize sales and achieve pre-determined targets, working closely with Rooms, Food and Beverage and other revenue-generating departments proactively.
- Achieves the monthly and annual personal target contributing to the Sales revenue.
- Develops and reviews Personal Business Plan which is linked to the Hotel's Annual Business Plan.
- Ensures that an efficient and accurate filing system, both manuals as well as electronic, is maintained at all times.
- Maintains complete and supported records of all Sales Agreements, Contracts and Quotations for the Hote:
- Establishes an efficient trace file to ensure that all business booked is properly tracked.
- Database Management
- Account Mapping
- Monthly MIS
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Entertains and conducts hotel inspections to clients whenever required.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationship with the established clientele and constantly explores into new business opportunities.
- Liaises and works closely with the related operation departments ensuring guest's requests and expectations are being met.
- Ensures responses within stipulated timelines.
- Handles all customer complaints and service recovery promptly.
- Ensures professional sales Calls using Hyatt's Consultative Selling
- Professionally conducts routine telemarketing activities to identify new business opportunities. Follows up sales leads to identify prospect.
- Plans and makes Sales trips to the parties concerned which is our current and potential clientele to explore into new business opportunities.
- Establishes strong contacts to source for information in regard to planned and upcoming functions/ events.
- Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
- Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
- Responds to changes in the Sales and Marketing function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ideally with a relevant degree or diploma in Hospitality or Tourism management. Minimum 2 years work experience as Sales Executive in hotel operations. Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.