JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- Proactively finding opportunities for business growth by securing existing business, development of portfolio by acquiring new accounts further ensuring repeat business.
- To entertain and conduct hotel inspections to clients whenever required.
- To establish and maintain strong relationship with the established clientele and to constantly explore into new business opportunities.
- To liaise and work closely with the related operation departments ensuring guest's requests and expectations are being met.
- To achieve the monthly and annual personal target contributing to the Sales revenue.
- To develop and review Personal Business Plan which is linked to the Hotel's Annual Business Plan.
- To conduct extensive competitor research and maintain excellent Product Knowledge of the Hotel.
- To constantly monitor and evaluate market trends and the competitor hotels' sales initiatives, in order to make sure the hotel's sales remain competitive and cutting edge.
- To plan sales trips to the source markets which is our current and potential clientele to explore into new business opportunities.
- To assist team and guide them to develop their accounts and to achieve their Personal Business Plan.
- To ensure all employees maintain an updated awareness of Hotel product knowledge, current promotion, policy changes and appropriate internal communication.
- To oversee the punctuality of Sales employees, making sure that they maintain high grooming standards.
- To maximise the effectiveness of employees by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, mentoring by giving regular feedback and recognising good performance.
- To assist to conduct annual Performance Development Discussions with employees and to support them in their professional development goals.
- To encourage employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
- Manage team by being a role model and leader
- Focus on solution-oriented problem management
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 3 years of previous experience in a sales role.
- Leadership capabilities displaying integrity, respect, empathy and creativity.
- Good administrative, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, sales and customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Current knowledge of industry trends and regulations.
- Driving License is mandatory.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.