JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
The Sales Supervisor coordinates and oversees the effective management of the shop floor from sales to the operations and makes the link between the sales staff and store management.
What you will do
Client and Business Development
- Support the team in building long term client relationship, leveraging the different clienteling tools
- Enhance the "client state of mind" amongst the team
- Ensure extensive products knowledge of the team
- Support store management in achieving the business objectives, projects and initiatives (i.e. reporting, sales analysis, product training)
Selling & Floor Management
- Effective overseeing shop floor to ensure maximum floor coverage during peak trading periods
- Act as a role model demonstrating sales leadership to the team
- Perform and supervise store opening and closing procedures including counting register funds, completing bank deposits, opening and closing registers and securing facility
- Accurately processes all POS transactions and inventory functions such as transfers, receiving, repairs and damages to maintain the integrity of the inventory
- Adherence to loss prevention policies and operational procedure
- Exemplary performer across all functions
- Effective resolution of customer complaints, exchanges and enquiries
- Liaison between staff and management around potential performance concerns
- Propose and implement action plans to deliver efficient processes and organization of the store.
- Educate team on sales plan, personal sales goals & KPI's
Required Skills to be successful
- Retail operational skills (stock, VM, systems, cash)
- Customer service and results oriented
- Leadership and problem-solving skills
- Excellent relationship skills
- Integrity and trust
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Proactive with good team spirit and able to take initiatives
- Computer skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
What equips you for the role
- Graduate Degree
- Retail and Whole sales experience
- Motivated and can work towards set targets and KPI'S
- Experience with and passion for premium fashion brands
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer focus
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer's in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.