JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• P&T Dubai office is looking for a Senior Architect with 10 - 12 years experience.
• Lead the design team, or part thereof, by providing design direction in association with the Director and Associates
• Lead the design team, or part thereof, by monitoring and controlling internal processes in association with the Director and Associates
• Monitor and control junior staff performance
• Monitor and control project deliverables to achieve required quality
• Assist the Drafting staff in the production of documentation.
• Represent the company to Interested Third-parties, Clients, Consultants, Sub-consultants, Suppliers, and Authorities.
• Participate in special committees created to advance the companies objectives
• Candidates must be in the UAE and have a passion to architecture and the willingness to adapt to the P&T way of working on large scale projects, and be a team player with leadership and Client Facing Skills.
• Mid-career level Registered Architect, with experience in a senior level Architectural position in design delivery and detailing of various types of building projects of scale and complexity. You will also be able to interface confidently with clients and major stakeholders.
• You will have experience coordinating small to medium size architectural teams and will come with a high-end portfolio of projects delivered.
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in architecture.
• Must possess a minimum of 10-12 years of experience
• Good portfolio to demonstrate working on large scale projects – preferable in Hospitality projects
• Requires proficiency in the application of architectural design standards, practices, and techniques, as well as a demonstrated proficiency in sketching, rendering, modelling, and presentation drawing.
• Excellent drawing skills and familiarity with design tools, a particular proficiency in BIM is a must, and other software packages typically associated with architectural design is also required.
• MS programmes. (project, powerpoint, Word and Excel
• Adobe creative programmes
• Visual acuity and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience of working within the UAE / Middle East of minimum 7 years.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The P&T Group, formerly known as Palmer and Turner Hong Kong, is a well-established and renowned international architectural engineering practice in South East Asia with more than a thousand seasoned staff, working from offices located in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Bangkok, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Riyadh. Projects are also undertaken in most other Southeast Asian countries, the Middle East and Africa.
Palmer & Turner was first established in Hong Kong in 1868, and since its inception, has proved a major contributor to the physical development of this region and responsible for many of its old and new architectural landmarks.
The P&T Group offers a full range of architectural, structural and mechanical engineering, planning and project management services, with full support from in-house interior and graphic design divisions. Model making, extensive computer and photographic facilities, as well as full administrative support complete this service of total design.
The Group is committed to the pursuit of excellence in the architectural and engineering field and aims to improve the quality of life by contributing to the design of the physical environment. Professional emphasis is placed on visual and functional elements of design, to create buildings that are both aesthetically pleasing and sympathetic to their surroundings.
The Group’s growth is a reflection of the increasing number of large-scale projects demanding the creativity and expertise of many professional services to clients. The success in this is demonstrated by the number of design awards received over the years, including The Medal of Year of Hong Kong by The Hong Kong Institute of Architects (HKIA).