JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Stantec is currently looking for a Senior Architect to join our dynamic team and support on a supervision project of a large building complex in Abu Dhabi.
Some of the key job responsibilities of this role entail the following:
• Hands on in monitoring the architectural works for conformance with the provisions of the contract documents and the procedures manual.
• Reviewing, and processing all architectural technical submittals.
• Answering RFIs related to architecture.
• Coordinating and supervising the work of all architectural activities and operations.
• Reviewing contractor’s architectural change order proposals and preparing recommendations to Architectural PM.
• Lead the coordination process with other disciplines.
• Liaison and coordinate with the necessary sub consultants.
• Reviewing contractors claims related to architectural works and preparing recommendations for claims to Architectural PM
• Reviewing the contractor’s project record documents relevant to their discipline.
• Managing the architectural inspectors.
• Analyzing laboratory and testing reports.
• Assisting with the inspection of completed works and monitoring the start-up, testing, commissioning and handover of the architectural works.
• Signing off on completed architectural works with completed documentation.
• Prepare weekly planning and weekly report.
• Perform all other duties given by Architectural PM.
• Bachelor's degree in Architecture.
• 10-15 years of experience being an Architect with 5 years experience in Middle East and healthcare projects.
• Strong technical knowledge in exterior envelope details and material interface.
• Strong Knowledge in hospital construction.
• Good knowledge of the building code.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office business solution (Excel, Word).
• Ability to review and comment properly on necessary documentation.
• Knowledge / experience in AUTO CAD
• Excellent understanding of specifications and Authority requirements.
• Complete project understanding in given discipline, from start to hand-over.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.