JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to join our Abu Dhabi Audit and Assurance team as a senior resource. The role is to render audit services to our clients in UAE. The successful individual will own the following responsibilities:
- Responsible to lead and perform external audit of clients as per BDO audit methodology and ensuring a qualitative documentation.
- Responsible to assist the client in preparation or review of financial statements of the allocated assignments as per the International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Responsible for the overall project management of the audit engagement such as preparation of project plan, timely engagement with client and effective turnaround of audit deliverables.
- Identify and discuss audit & accounting issues on a timely basis with the audit engagement team and the client along with proposing proper resolution of these matters.
- Prepare reports and communicate findings and recommendations to the client and agree with them.
- Develop strengths to present to the Audit Committee/BOD/TCWG.
- Follow the evolution of the client’s needs, commercial focus and business objectives, and timely anticipate issues and questions.
- Propose relevant services and solutions to provide value addition.
- Provide exceptional client service by understanding the client's requirement in detail and ensuring timely delivery.
- Ensure continuous professional development by updating oneself on local regulations, International Financial Reporting Standards, any changes to audit methodology etc. and discussing any such changes with the clients proactively.
- Chartered Accountant (ICAI, ACCA, ICAEW, ICAP or any other renowned institute)
- 2-3 years of experience in Audit & Assurance.
- Well versed with International Standards on Auditing and International Financial Reporting Standards, including recent updates.
- Exposure to data analytics and visualization tools such as IDEA, Qlik and Power BI is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – with positive & enthusiastic attitude.
- Highly refined planning, leadership, relationship building and analytical skills.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
BDO UAE is the Member Firm of BDO International with 64,300 people working out of over 1,400 offices worldwide.
At BDO UAE, we specialise in helping businesses, whether start-ups or multinationals, to achieve their goals. Through our own professional expertise and by working directly with organisations, we've developed a robust understanding of the factors that govern business growth. Our objective is to use this to help our clients maximise their potential.
We have a partner-led approach, which delivers the highest quality of service by using short, functional chains of communications to aid decision-making. Clients benefit from our fresh thinking, constructive challenge and practical understanding of the issues they face. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach at BDO UAE.