JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
SENER are currently seeking a Senior Bridges & Viaducts Engineer to join our office in Abu Dhabi (UAE).
His/Her responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Able to propose a practical solution for clients to overcome different types of site and construction matters related to bridge construction.
• Ensuring that the bridges & Viaducts are designed in accordance with the accepted industry practices and procedures
• Liaising with checker engineers on the review and approval of design calculations and drawings.
• Preparing calculations, drawings, programmes, and cost estimates for specific jobs
• Project and team administration duties
• Producing project related correspondence, reports, and presentations
• Working directly with clients and other professionals with minimal supervision
• Liaising with clients and local authorities for projected related matters and requirements.
• Providing guidance and mentorship to more junior engineers to enhance the team's skillset.
• Assisting in/or delivering projects for government and local developer clients
• Assisting in preparing bids and developing client relationships
• BSc degree in Bridge, Civil/Structural Engineering, ideally MSc level or equivalent
• 10-15 years of related experience with strong knowledge of local construction practices.
• Understand various bridge construction methods, e.g. prestressed segmental box girders.
• Proven design and project management experience delivering to quality, time and budget
• Familiar with bridge analysis and design software, e.g. SAP, MIDAS, Sofistik, etc.
• General knowledge of CAD software such as Microstation or AutoCAD.
• General MS Office experience.
• Track record in achieving deadlines
• Good written and communication skills.
• Enthusiastic attitude positive thinking and highly committed towards his/her assignment.
• A self-motivated team player with the ability to motivate others, to support the business.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
SENER is an Engineering and Construction company backed by 60 years’ experience.
Innovation, commitment to quality and independence are our corporate values.
Founded in Spain, today we are an international leader in: - Aerospace Engineering - Infrastructures and Transport - Power and Process - Marine Engineering.
More than 2,500 professionals and a dozen offices located in Algiers, Argentina, Brazil, China, Colombia, the United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, India, Japan, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Santiago de Chile, Spain and South Korea are proof of our potential as a company; our aim is to offer our customers and society solutions and products that are technologically efficient and innovative.
Our aim at SENER is to develop engineering projects, production and construction activities and systems integration.
We undertake our work fully aware of our duty to generate added value in everything we do, to satisfy employees, stockholders and investors, as well as to make investments that contribute to their development.