JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our client's team a Prominent Govt Entity in Abu Dhabi UAE. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in strengthening our Data Management practice and driving our data-driven decision-making processes. Your primary responsibility will be to deliver large and small data warehouse, Big Data, and Data Lake projects, contributing to the overall data management maturity of our organization.
Your focus will be on automation and enhancing the enterprise data practice at our organization. You will collaborate with IT and BI teams to understand the organization's data transformation needs and design appropriate data solutions to meet our business requirements effectively.
• Design and build secure data warehousing systems based on the organization's specifications.
• Analyze and identify data storage requirements and implement the most suitable approach to data storage.
• Manage the end-to-end process of extracting, transforming, and loading datasets into the data warehouse, ensuring unified data formats and standards.
• Oversee data projects, including prioritization, resource allocation, and risk mitigation.
• Consult with IT and BI teams to gain a holistic understanding of data transformation needs and design appropriate solutions.
• Improve engineering efficiency through innovative approaches, enabling extensibility, reusability, scalability, upgradability, maintainability, and traceability of data and code.
• Engineer the data as a unified asset to unlock the value of our unique collection of data and real-time predictions.
• Design, build, and maintain batch or real-time data pipelines in production.
• Automate data workflows, including data ingestion, aggregation, and ETL/ELT processing.
• Develop ETL/ELT processes to extract and manipulate data from multiple sources.
• Build, maintain, and deploy data products for analytics and data science teams, utilizing cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
Qualifications, Experience, and Competencies:
• Bachelor's and Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Business Intelligence, Machine Learning, Engineering, or a related field.
• Certification in Data Warehousing & Informatica is highly preferred.
• Certified Azure Data Engineer is highly preferred.
• Minimum of 8+ years of experience in data warehousing and API management or related roles.
• Strong programming skills in Python, SQL, Scala, and/or Go.
• Advanced experience in SQL database design.
• Technical expertise in data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
• Proficiency in implementing low-latency public APIs, preferably with REST architecture and Fast API.
• Advanced experience with Azure Data cloud-based platform.
• Extensive experience in building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
• Skilled in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data to derive insights and identify areas for improvement.
• Strong analytical skills for working with unstructured datasets.
• Knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
• Project management and organizational skills.
• Data modeling, data mining, and data warehousing/analytics experience.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects with demanding deadlines.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Building businesses, changing lives
At Tandem, we’ve built a vast network of top-tier professionals across the globe. We empower businesses to thrive by delivering unmatched talent solutions. With our global reach, collaborative approach, and unwavering commitment to excellence, we drive transformative growth and shape exceptional teams.
Who we are.
We are a team of industry experts, driven by a passion for innovation and excellence. We are dedicated to providing unique talent solutions and nurturing collaborative partnerships that redefine success.