JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We have an opening for a Design Manager to join our team in the UAE. You would be working on multidisciplinary buildings projects.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Provide expert advice on complex matters requiring international expertise/standards.
* Lead the delivery of large projects while providing specialist technical expertise during design and construction phases.
* Manage key client relationships in the public & private sector, as well as other internal Business Units.
* Plan resources and make sure that they are available to deliver the services needed
* Build effective teams and provide support to staff assigned to the project.
* Manage and mentor a team to whom you provide leadership on technical matters.
* My work will be of high quality and accurate and to the client's satisfaction.
* Will meet project and prospect delivery targets and deadlines.
* Will manage commercial issues related to the projects I am working on and ensure projects are delivered to time and budget contributing to good financial performance of these projects.
* My communication skills will enable me to write high quality technical reports.
* Will meet clients and be able to generate new prospect opportunities.
* Will operate to high professional standards and work ethics with a commitment to equality, diversity and sustainability.
* Team members are developing under my mentorship.
* Will report to the Project Director
* Will support senior colleagues within the team on a day to day basis assisting with project delivery deadlines.
* Will be able to work well within a team and be available to support to the best of your ability.
* Will be able to communicate and work with colleagues in other disciplines and be ready to travel as part of team collaboration efforts
* Will be able to maintain good relationships with clients and understand their requirements.
* Will develop and maintain new client relationships.
* Will be able to assist with general objectives related to team goals.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor's Degree in Architecture from an accredited University.
* 10 + years of relevant work experience
* RIBA registration would be preferred.
* Proven track record in Architectural design management
* Have been part of a Design team leading the delivery of large scale projects, in the Middle East
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.