JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for a Senior Hydraullic Modeller - Gravity Systems to work on projects associated with wet infrastructure, i.e. wastewater, stormwater, potable water and recycled water systems, water and wastewater treatment system, and flood management and water resources management studies.
The role involves working on projects associated with wet infrastructure, i.e. wastewater, stormwater, potable water and recycled water systems, water and wastewater treatment system, and flood management and water resources management studies.
As a Senior Hydraulic Modeller, you will be responsible for developing, calibration and analysis of complex gravity system (sewerage and stormwater) hydraulic models to support our clients in the region in planning, design, and operation of their drainage systems.
Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Develop hydraulic models to support master planning, concept, preliminary and detailed design of wet infrastructure
• Review, organize and analyze collected data
• Develop hydraulic modelling method statements
• Carry out hydraulic modelling and model validation, calibration and verification, using recognized modeling software, and develop solutions
• Develop hydraulic modelling reports
• Develop maps (CAD, GIS) to present hydraulic modelling results
• Collaboration and working as part of a team
• Work in conjunction with peer engineers to overcome project challenges
• Liaise with other discipline teams and/or teams working remotely from other regions to facilitate completion of project tasks
• Liaise with sub-consultants and sub-contractors to facilitate completion of project tasks
• Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner
• Complete all work in line with Stantec’s Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec’s Quality Systems, Project Quality procedures and Health & Safety procedures
• Client Services and Stakeholders Management
• Organize and attend meetings with clients and stakeholder to collect data and discuss technical solutions and options
• Other duties as required from time to time
• Good level of client service management, i.e. able to interface with clients and build and maintain positive relationships with our clients
• Capable to analyze, assess, evaluate issues, complexities pertaining to projects/work packages and support the team in mitigating them in advance
• Rigorous attention to detail, able to understand and adopt workflows and commitment to professional development
• Flexible attitude to accepting different work assignments and proactive attitude to project execution and delivery
• Experienced with wet infrastructure design standards in GCC Countries
• Experienced with local and international guidelines/standards/codes and technical specifications for hydraulic modelling and design of wet infrastructure
• Ability to work on bids to develop technical methodology and estimation of level of effort and identification of resources
• International working experience, e.g. GCC Region, Europe, North America (preferred)
• Excellent command in English both written and spoken
• Arabic language skills (preferred)
• Ability to manage a heavy workload, with close attention to detail
• Ability to make decisions independently and strong problem resolutions skills
• Strong team working capabilities, committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis
• Proactive, working effectively in coordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility and ownership
• Punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to Stantec’s policies, procedures and work practices
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering from a recognized university
• 10+ years of experience in hydraulic modelling, master planning and design of gravity systems
• Proven advanced experience and expertise in hydraulic modelling software such as InfoWorks ICM, InfoSWMM, SewerGEMS, InfoSewer, etc. and supporting tools such as AutoCAD, ArcGIS, etc.
• Proven expertise and experience in hydraulic model calibration and management and coordination of field testing required for model validation, calibration and verification
• Professional accreditation (Chartership/PE or equivalent) from internationally recognised engineering institutions such as ICE, CIWEM, Engineer Australia, etc., or working towards it
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.