JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
As Senior Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for reviewing, advising, and negotiating all commercial contracts; advising in relation to the legal and regulatory framework of the UAE and its free zones; promoting awareness of changes in law and regulation that will impact this division of the business; coordinating all legal work needed to operate this division and helping coordinate potential investments and joint ventures.
Asset management arm of sovereign wealth-backed conglomerate.
* Reporting to the Legal Director, the appointee will be responsible for advising on all legal and regulatory aspects for the relevant business division and assisting with risk management in this regard;
* Reviewing, advising, and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts (distribution agreements, outsourcing agreements, purchase agreements, research and development and software licensing agreements, real estate contracts, NDAs, MoUs) and compliance documents (KYC, AML, local law);
* Establishing a framework for effective project management of legal work streams, including providing timely, clear and comprehensive updates on the status of key projects;
* Maintaining comprehensive and up to date legal records for the business unit;
* Advising on corporate governance and compliance with pre-existing and new regulations;
* Promoting awareness of changes in law and regulation which will impact business operations;
* Effective coordination with internal and international stakeholders, audit firms and local and international law firms as required for the foregoing, including appropriate supervision and management of external counsel and supporting legal personnel;
* As and when requested by the Division's global leadership:
* Reviewing, advising, and negotiating investments (direct equity/debt deployments, fund of fund allocations etc) and joint venture opportunities;
* Developing strategies and processes to protect, manage and defend the intellectual property rights;
* Advising and coordinating dispute resolution matters.
* Competitive, tax free salary and attractive benefits package
* Clear path for progression within the organisation
* Opportunity to interact with Senior stakeholders from across the globe
* Qualified in the UK, US or analogous jurisdiction
* Minimum of 6 years of post qualification Legal experience, with a minimum of two years spent working in Tier 1/ Magic Circle international law firm.
* Knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework of the UAE and its free zones
* The ideal individual will have legal experience in the family office setting, and/or M&A, private funds, and/or government/sovereign investment practice;
* Experience working with governmental organisations in the UAE (including SWF investors)
* Experience working with 3C licensed investment funds (in the UAE or globally)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.