JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Legal Counsel, Compliance & Ethics, Middle East
Oracle is one of the world's leading information technology companies, providing cloud infrastructure and enterprise application solutions, as well as on premise database and application software and engineered systems and services. An Oracle career can span industries, roles, Countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to flourish in new roles and innovate, while blending work life in. Oracle has thrived through 40+ years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry.
In order to nurture the talent that makes this happen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates and values diverse insights and perspectives, a workforce that inspires thought leadership and innovation. We do this with an unwavering commitment to do so with the utmost integrity and fairness and in compliance with the laws and regulations in which we operate.
About the team:
We are passionate about ethics and compliance! You will be part of a team of smart, motivated, diverse people, and given the autonomy as well as the support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you'll belong and be encouraged.
The EMEA C&E organization is comprised of lawyers, investigators, analysts and paralegals that work together as a cohesive team to help Oracle ensure that its business complies with applicable laws, regulations and with Oracle values. We take pride in knowing that we help promote trust in Oracle and that we serve as respected and sought out advisors to our business. We seek skilled compliance and ethics professionals who adhere to the highest ethical standards and personal values to join our team.
About the position:
This role is ideally suited for a lawyer with at least 5 years of experience in a dedicated compliance role or position with similar responsibilities working in the Middle East region. The candidate hired will have fluent English (written and spoken). Your ability to communicate in other languages spoken in the EMEA region is an asset. This role requires travel, excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to collaborate successfully with various corporate stakeholders in a matrixed environment.
This role reports into Oracle's EMEA Compliance & Ethics Officer and is envisioned to be based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Other cities in the Middle East can be considered.
- Keep current with the anticorruption laws and public procurement laws, regulations and best practices applicable to Oracle's business in the Middle East region
- Provide advice to local management teams in-country on applicable laws and regulations
- Build communication and awareness applicable policies, including the Oracle Code of Conduct & Business Ethics
- Enforce and enhance controls throughout the business, including business controls
- Oversee investigations in the Middle East region and use investigation metrics to identify trends and areas of compliance risk and create action plans to mitigate the risk
- Participate and help lead risk assessments
- Assess and improve controls, policies and procedures
- Collaborate across all lines of business, including country based legal counsels, human resources, finance, business operations and other stakeholders to execute on programmatic initiatives and/or remedial measures, and to ensure such measures are promptly implemented.
- Fluent English, written and spoken. Arabic written and spoken is an asset as well as other languages spoken in the EMEA region
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional legal experience at a law firm or in-house in the region
- Law degree from a top institution
- Exceptional analytical, planning, and interpersonal skills with an ability to handle competing demands.
- Ability to travel within the Middle East region (20%)
- Expertise developing and delivering C&E training
- Aptitude to work across and engage individuals and teams located across multiple geographies and or cultures.
- Balancing work as a lead individual contributor with providing direction and mentoring to other team members
- Excellent judgment and capacity to make decisions that demonstrate an unwavering commitment to integrity and ethical decision making
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.