JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
The person will report to the Head of Fraud Risk Management. The job holder will be responsible for undertaking fraud preventative control assurance testing across various business lines across the bank to provide reasonable assurance to management on fraud preventative/detective controls.
In addition to leading and overseeing independent Quality Assurance reviews to assess adherence to policies and procedures for day to day operations of the fraud risk management function.
- Drive strategic conversations in considering future and emerging compliance risks to inform testing strategies and plans.
- Keep abreast with internal process controls and regulatory requirements, understand and identify changes in rules and regulations and the impact on monitoring and testing activities.
- Provide assurance that the Bank is in compliant with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and bank standards and has appropriate policies, procedures and controls accordingly.
- Conduct CMAT Program and Annual Plans
- Establish and execute a comprehensive fraud governance and control testing program, including identification of the fraud governance and control testing program objectives, implementation of relevant policies, procedures, and internal controls by determining and implementing industry best practices while ensuring compliance with applicable regulations.
- Develop and maintain the annual control testing plan, testing schedules, templates, and associated working papers.
- Consolidate input from relevant results of the control testing's undertaken and enrich the annual control testing plans accordingly as needed.
- Lead the execution of monitoring reviews in accordance with the control testing plan, including control design assessment and operational effectiveness testing.
- Identify potential concerns & control gaps, determine the root cause of identified issues, and help coordinate corrective action plans with relevant stakeholders to mitigate relevant risks.
- Establish a governance framework to review control testing reports, track remediation activities by assigned responsible units and ensure proper documentation of any issues raised.
- Conduct ad-hoc control testing reviews as assigned by the Head of Fraud Risk Management
- Execute independent QA program in line with the control testing plan and perform additional independent QA checks on a sample of alerts and cases as per the sampling methodology defined.
- Prepare QA reports outlining the results of the review and recommendations to address the gaps identified (if any).
- Obtain feedback from the Fraud Prevention SMEs on the QA results and recommendations (if any).
- Champion the development of awareness and knowledge programs to educate business partners on the fundamentals of fraud risk and control
- Manage, coach, and support the control testing team for the successful delivery of the annual control testing plan
- Ensure control testing policies, procedures, and methodologies remain updated, relevant, and communicated to all stakeholders.
- Design appropriate testing methodology and sampling for quality reviews.
- Develop quality assurance SOPs to be adopted in the execution of QA plans.
- Ensure that the reviews performed by the quality assurance reviews are satisfactory and as per the SOP.
- Oversee and track the implementation of corrective actions in response to QA findings and recommendations.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 10 years of experience with leading banks, of which 7+ years of experience in Operational Risk, Audit or Fraud Risk control testing
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or related subject, CFE certification
- Understanding and proficiency in Analytics and BI tools like - SAS, Python, Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Extensive financial services knowledge across a variety of institutional products and functions, and the applicable key regulations
- Good report writing skills.
- Assertive and ability to face challenging situations
- Ability to build a constructive and effective relationship with peers, seniors, and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of developing fraud governance frameworks, i.e., control testing methodology, policies, and procedures.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.