JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems.
- You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms.
- You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- The Global Business Services Cloud Center of Competency is a leader in Cloud solutions. We are seeking a OpenShift Architect to join our team.
- IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change.
- We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs
- As a part of this multi-cloud team, we are looking for architects with extensive experience of open-source and Red Hat OpenShift technology.
- Join us to learn new technologies and expand your core base of expertise while help integrating IBM and Open Source technologies through real world engagement.
- In this role you will lead cloud application implementation using Red Hat OpenShift.
- You will play a key role in our customers' evolution in enterprise development and help make our solutions both practical and workable for their businesses.
- You'll work to gain an understanding of customer infrastructure and business needs, make recommendations that resolve their issues, and help them make strategic decisions.
- You'll then build enterprise applications and capabilities around cloud technologies to streamline development and allow for continuous feature release of applications.
We are seeking a candidate who are able to design, architect and develop cloud applications. Lead teams of developers and own proof of concepts. Ability to work with a global team and flexibility will be essential. Knowledge of multiple platforms, cloud services, AI, Blockchain and Dev/SecOps is highly desired.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in cloud and hybrid-cloud computing with Red Hat OpenShift container platform; thereby becoming a trusted advisor to influential decision makers.
- Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise on how to effectively use PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service ) to build solutions; creatively applying cloud infrastructure and platform services to help solve business problems; and communicating these approaches to different business audiences cross industries.
- Work with clients and IBM teams to identify business problems and provide innovative solutions to them while evangelizing and accelerating the adoption of current and future OpenShift technologies.
- Design and implement Red Hat OpenShift solution architecture in discussions with prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work with Development leads and Designers to scope and craft proposals.
- Manage problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and design, implementation, testing, customer training, and deployment of open source solutions.
- Work to harvest best practices and document lessons learned as part of continuous improvement of our offerings.
- Explore and develop new technical skills, absorbing professional knowledge quickly. The primary teams that you will work with are IBM GBS Developers & Designers, GBS Application Architects, Customer Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts and infrastructure SMEs.
- Work with the development teams to design scalable, robust systems using cloud architecture.
- Build automation using industry tools (like Jenkins, Ansible, etc.) to deploy hundreds of different services.
- Ensure a high degree of availability across all of our service offerings.
- Be proficient in one or more cloud providers, including IBM Cloud, RedHat OpenShift, AWS, Azure, GCP.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Previous experience with cloud solutions in OpenShift
- A solid background in technical consulting, with demonstrated IT experience in solving enterprise customer problems
- Experience in building cloud applications, application development or micro-services and familiarity with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and PaaS
- Previous commercial experience with build/deploy technologies and cloud operations with containers and container management technologies like Kubernetes (preferred) or Docker
- Software development background with solid understanding of and experience in open source software, software development life cycle (SDLC), DevOps with Red Hat Ansible, CI/CD and build management and agile software development methodologies and frameworks like software engineering method and theory (SEMAT) and scrum
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Solid project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- A well-established career within the consultancy space
- Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
Knowledge of the following:
- Build technologies; Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Bamboo or Cloud Bees
- Deployment technologies; Jenkins, GoCD, Automic
- Automation and management technologies; Puppet, Chef, or Ansible by Red Hat
- Version control technologies; Git (GitHub or GitLab), BitBucket, TFS, or ClearCase
- Monitoring (APM) technologies like Splunk, Nagios, AppDynamics, New Relic, or Dynatrace
- Other Preferred Experience Includes;
- Strong experience with Git or equivalent source code repository
- Experience with OpenStack or similar proprietary cloud; IBM Cloud, OpenShift, AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with CI/CD and their pipelines; experience with Zuul, Jenkins, or Bamboo a plus
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.