JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Stantec is looking for a Process Engineer for the UAE based in their Dubai or Abu Dhabi office.
We are looking for someone with expertise in water/wastewater characterization and basis of design, alternatives evaluation (optioneering), process definition, conceptual, preliminary and detailed design (liquid, sludge and odour stream design, preparation of P&IDs, layouts, process flow diagrams...etc), estimating, reviewing, commissioning, operation and process optimization.
Experience with reverse osmosis seawater and brackish water desalination plants is an advantage.
Experience with membrane processes is an advantage.
Key accountabilities for this position are:
• Leads and manages all sizes of wastewater projects and lead multi-disciplinary teams through planning, design and construction for wastewater clients.
• Provide technical leadership on projects including treatment process design, pipeline and pump station design, and overall design management.
• Participate in the development of proposals (estimating the Level of Effort and pricing) and contracts by working directly with clients, business developers and delivery teams.
• Interact with clients, local and remote Stantec staff, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
• Gather information, develop and evaluate alternatives, and prepare engineering reports.
• Perform engineering calculations and prepare detailed design drawings and specifications.
• Provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior-level staff.
• Coordinate with Group Leader and technical staff on issues related to pursuit selection, project staffing, review of technical work, and project management.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• BSc/MSc in Engineering (Environmental/ Process / Chemical) with reputable and accredited university, Professional Engineering Registration in the United States or a Chartered Engineer in the United Kingdom or any other recognized Professional Institution (MMUP)
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in conceptual, preliminary, detailed design of physical/chemical water treatment technologies including membranes and physical/chemical/biological wastewater treatment technologies (membrane applications is a plus) and odour treatment technologies.
• Municipal and/or industrial water/wastewater process design, conceptual and detailed engineering and operations experience including physical/chemical/biological treatment, regulatory compliance.
• Water/wastewater treatment plant experience with general plant processes, biosolids, and nutrient removal, eg. conventional and advanced water/wastewater treatment unit processes including membrane applications. Robust knowledge and experience with Activated Sludge Systems is a must.
• Knowledge and experience with steady state and dynamic process modelling
• Background in multidisciplinary facility design with project management experience
• Strong interpersonal communication skills required to foster client relationships and managing project teams.
• Demonstrate outstanding oral and written communication skills, aimed both at technical and administrative teams
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.