JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer – Oil & Gas – United Arab Emirates
This is a permanent position based in Dubai and offering an attractive tax-free ex-pat package
Our client executes engineering projects for development, modification or decommissioning of offshore fields. These Projects are executed either in-house or by Engineering and Construction Contractors.
For this purpose, they have a multidisciplinary Engineering team that provides technical input to projects and support to operations.
The Senior Process Engineer is critical to the design and installation decisions. His/her decisions can have a significant impact on the safety/operability/cost of the installations and project delivery.
• Prepare project scopes of work to be executed by Design Contractors or consultants, and monitor progress/performance/quality.
• Review Cost Time Resources (`CTRs') submitted by design contractor and consultants.
• Manage process optimisation studies and progress these into projects.
• Act as Client representative at design and safety reviews including Hazard Identification Studies (`HAZID), Hazard And Operability Study (`HAZOP) and Safety Integrity Level (`SIL1).
• Organise and provide technical support to Operations and other departments. Occasional visits offshore will be required for discussions and scope definition.
• Assist Project Management to assess engineering solutions.
• Provide input for project planning, budgets, schedules and reports.
• Delegate and perform inter-disciplinary reviews of engineering documents.
• Ensure that the facilities engineered/constructed meet offshore oil and gas industry and company standards.
• Must be degree qualified in Chemical Engineering. Preferably Chartered/Professional Engineer.
• Should have 15+ years process/chemical engineering experience in oil and gas environment with at least 10 years upstream experience.
• Experience of all project design phases from conceptual design through to detailed design
• Experience of process simulation software such as Aspen, HYSYS, PIPESIM, Flarenet.
• Fluent in English – written & Spoken
• Must have working knowledge and experience of offshore oil and gas industry codes, specifications and practices.
• Experience in any of the following technical areas is desirable -Gas compression and rotating equipment, Pipeline/riser flow assurance, Produced water management, Process control, Enhanced oil recovery techniques, Materials and corrosion management & Chemicals Management.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Inspire Selection is headquartered in Dubai and recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Insurance, Legal, Sales & Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Logistics & Supply Chain.