JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Are you an experienced Project Architect who is looking to join a global design firm that values its employees' well-being and longevity?
We are looking for a Project Architect with 10+ years’ of experience to join our clients in their Dubai office as a Senior Project Architect.
Our clients are an award-winning global design firm operating in multiple countries and working on 1,000s of noteworthy projects across a wide range of sectors. Meaning the successful individual will have the opportunity to work on interesting projects across wide-ranging sectors and typology.
• Monday to Friday - flexible hours
• Working from home is also possible on some days
• Individual growth plans created for staff and career progression
• Working visa
• Well-being focused - ensuring that all staff have a work/life balance
• Salary reviews
• Oversee the technical aspects of projects including construction documentation and administration.
• Organize the project team in the coordination of all phases of the project from pre-design to site administration
• Designs projects and/or review architectural or engineering plans, specifications and contract documents to ensure compliance with government codes, laws and regulations.
• Prepares and/or review preliminary designs, working drawings, specifications and cost estimates related to the project.
• Take a leadership role in the consultant coordination, client relations and project communication.
• Provide instruction and coordinate the work of the production team.
• Provides technical expertise in development or review of policies and procedures in relation to architectural structures and systems and construction/safety codes.
• Coordinate and direct consultants and vendors to maintain design intent.
• Responsible for establishing, maintaining and adhering to project budget and schedule
• Develop the practice of basic office administration procedures including the creation of relevant project documentation: minutes of meetings, transmittal of project material, applications to authorities etc. and filing systems by all project staff to organize of all related project information and correspondence
• Makes independent decisions on architectural problems and methods. May be assigned to check the work of others and performs assignments that may require the development of new or improve architectural techniques and procedures
• Reviews and approves all work performed under his supervision. Responsible for ensuring compliance with all local and international standards
• Works to meet or exceed QA standards
AED 20,000 to 25,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
Other certifications obtained:
• Certification and professional affiliations are highly desirable
Nature and length of previous experience:
• Minimum of 10 years experience (mixed-used, residential or hospitality)
• GCC / UAE experience - advantage but not essential
• Experience leading and mentoring a group of architects and designers
• Must demonstrate a high degree of competence, capabilities, and architectural experience resulting from progressive responsibilities
• Must be experienced in the use of AutoCAD, MS Office, and other design and architecture software
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Matching the right employee to the right job is crucial for business success. To do so requires experience and time, but unfortunately, busy companies and hard-working job seekers can often struggle with.
GCB Recruitment help bridge that gap, actively searching on your behalf to find and pair the most suitable job seekers with the correct job. As property and financial services industry leaders across the UK and overseas, we know the qualities required to flourish in these sectors.
We use a region and sector-specific approach unique to ourselves, meaning you'll have a single point of contact throughout the process, who understands exactly what you need. In fact, with the largest job and candidate pool in the market, we probably already have the right job seeker or role for you.