JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- Provide leadership, business and technical judgment in the contractual negotiations of design and financials for all CPC projects
- Participate in completion of conceptual design, feasibility studies, design specifications, detailed engineering design, calculations, project budget costing, and liaison work and job tendering for a wide variety of projects.
- Manage the risk inherent in the Procurement Cycle through the implementation and maintenance of concise policies, processes, procedures and effective systems
- Take a leading role in the management and resolution of legal and/or commercial disputes in own area of expertise in conjunction with Commercial Management as appropriate.
- Review contractual claims reports, identify emerging problems and recommend solutions for implementation to Commercial management for authorization, as appropriate.
- Monitoring the work scope allocated in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with company reporting systems which includes explaining all variances to outturns, period forecasts, AFCs and budget/authority to Managing Partner.
- Review projects for unique challenges that will impact budget/profitability objectives utilizing present market conditions and trends.
- Nominate Project Managers to each project to participate in pre-construction design and planning, and construction execution
- Oversight of projects at a high level from beginning to end including budget, costs, unexpected events, forecast and monitor general performance, and overall progress against plan through identifying and implementing best construction practices and facilitating continual development within your team through effective coaching and mentoring.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 20 years experience with a Main Contractor
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering
- Currently residing in the UAE
- High rise experience essential
- Tier One contracting experience preferred
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.