JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Become familiar with the requirements of all design, supervision, construction contracts, and project team relevant to their discipline.
• Attend coordination and progress meetings on behalf of Stantec. Act as the point of contact for construction activities with all relevant parties on site relevant to their discipline.
• Manage site team, primarily focusing in technical coordination and documentation, team communication, and interaction between site (and head office if necessary) relevant to their discipline
• Ensure all Stantec’s contractual liabilities such as quality control of construction and prompt responses for all construction documents relevant to the discipline are adhered to.
• Oversee and reporting on the performance of sub consultants, ensuring that quality control procedures and requirements are respectfully implemented relevant to their discipline.
• Monitor Stantec’s liability to the safety requirement of Authorities.
• Provide timely information relevant to any requested report and special reports as necessary relevant to their discipline.
• Review and comment to the Project manager on separate contractor’s applications for payment, variations and claims.
• When necessary and in agreement, attend off site inspections of materials.
• Oversee and manage completion, closeout, and handover activities, including Authority submissions, verification of completed works, and final project documentation records. Ensure full compliance to conditions of contracts relevant to their discipline.
• Liaison with necessary Authorities when needed.
• Create monthly report per discipline for incorporation into Project Manager’s monthly report.
• Perform all other duties given by Project Manager.
• Ensure all coordination is addressed between disciplines.
• Work closely with Construction Manager to ensure that site activities are in compliance with Architectural intent and documentation.
• 15 years post graduate experience
• Preferably from an Architecture of Engineering background
• Minimum of 8 years UAE experience, preferably with International Consultancy
• Experience in managing projects over 250 million AED construction projects.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.