JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
My client is a reputable International Building Contractor with a track record of successfully delivering projects throughout a variety of sectors such as Retail, Residential, Offices and Entertainment. They are currently looking for a Senior QS to join their team in Abu Dhabi, you must have solid experience working for a Tier 1 contractor in the UAE/GCC.
• Prepare the Valuation report every month for each project till completion to keep track of all jobs completed (and their costs), prepare and submit the claim to the client / consultant for approval, receive the value certificate for the agreed value and forward the same to accounts for further action.
• Prepare the payment certificates for sub-contractors once value certificates are received and based on the jobs completed, arrange to pay them in according to terms specified in their contracts.
• Prepare cost reports clearly indicating the status of processed, received and pending payments, obtain approval from the CM and forward the same to Accounts.
• Prepare detailed specifications and obtain the estimates of additional cost from the estimates department in case of a variation i.e. a change in approved drawing or any addition to the job in order to obtain approval of the client
• Prepare final accounts once the job is completed, coordinate with the site engineer to confirm all works are costed, prepare and attach necessary supporting documents, obtain approval of the CM and receive a payment certificate from the client in order to enable the company to collect outstanding amount on due date.
• Guide and motivate team members to enhance performance and produce quality work.
• Ideally a Degree in Quantity Surveying or a similar construction related subject.
• Minimum of 12 years experience in the construction industry with ideally 5 years spent in the UAE with a Main Contractor.
• Solid understanding and experience in implementing procurement strategies and forecast reporting
• Possess strong leadership capabilities with excellent command in English (speaking and writing).
• Excellent client-relationship skills.
• Well-presented and professional at work.
• A Team player with the willingness to show initiative and drive at work.
• Willing to travel to projects in Abu Dhabi or Al Ain if not based there already.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At NSR we pride ourselves on market knowledge, integrity, loyalty and professionalism. Through personal relationships and knowledge of what our clients look for in specific requirements we like to pride ourselves on matching people to the right role.
The partners at NSR have always dealt with people in an open and honest manner and as a company we are driven to find the right opportunity for people enhancing their career where ever this may be worldwide.
We work on the principal that every person we deal with is a potential client, this process has proved beneficial for us as there are many people we have dealt with on the International circuit that have approached NSR Associates to recruit for them as a client after we have worked on their behalf as a candidate.