JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Compass Project Consulting
**This opportunity is open to candidates who have NO Middle East experience. You must have worked in the UK, Ireland, Europe, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa for client approval process. Western Educated & having worked for a large reputable consultant is non negotiable **
Opus Associates are recruiting on behalf of Compass Project Consulting. Compass is a young, energetic versatile organisation that seeks highly driven, capable and independent personnel that have the ability to deliver intelligent, accelerated and professional project solutions to clients of all sizes and backgrounds from inception right though to operational hand-over. They are a true example of what hard work & commitment means. They have the Gulfs most highly respected and credible senior management.
Due to continuous project awards; they are looking to strengthen their commercial team with talented, driven senior quantity surveyors. They are one of the few companies offering first time postings..send your cv now & don't miss out on being part of Saudi Arabia's 2030 vistion!
Job Title: Pre Contract - Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: UAE based, but providing Regional support (GCC)
Base: Shall be based within the Compass Dubai Office or any Client office as per the requirements of any project.
Compass is a young, energetic versatile organisation that seeks highly driven, capable and independent personnel that have the ability to deliver intelligent, accelerated and professional project solutions to clients of all sizes and backgrounds from inception right though to operational hand-over.
To support all Associate Directors and Regional Directors as required, to oversee all commercial services and all commercial project staff within the UAE (Dubai & Abu Dhabi Offices) and KSA (Riyadh & Jeddah Offices).
To lead projects from concept stage through to operational handover stage to deliver the project/s to the satisfaction of Clients and Compass Partners, within budget, in accordance with the brief and in accordance with authority requirements.
L - Leadership
I - Integrity
V - Vigilance
E - Evolution
- To Associate Directors
- Regional Directors
- Managing Director
- Senior Quantity Surveyors / Senior Cost Managers
- Quantity Surveyors / Cost Managers
- Assistant Quantity Surveyors / Assistant Cost Managers
As a professional cost management consultancy Compass represents and acts on behalf of Clients in delivering large, critical and highly sensitive capital investments. Clients do not take this lightly and thus expect a high level of competancy and professionalism. In addition to the required skills, qualifications and experience needed, you are also required to represent the company in a professional manner at all times - including how you dress, groom and communicate with others.
Overseeing all services engagements and ensuring that services are being delivered in line with industry best practice, the services agreement and Compass' services delivery manual to the satisfaction of the Client. Recommend improvements to existing systems to the Regional Directors.
- Providing Direction to and leading staff to achieve KPIs.
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses within the staff and structuring your resources into a capable, complimentary team.
- Proactively manage headcount in line with project requirements.
- Ensure staff act in accordance with the Staff Handbook and perform their roles in accordance with the role description.
- Any changes in relations to staff are to be reported to HR for their administration.
- Reject / approve staff leave applications without impact to service quality.
- Keep clients happy and retain their custom through fostering open, honest and regular communication and feedback.
- Take all measures necessary to ensure they remain happy with services being provided, resources assigned and the like.
- Ensuring rights to variations are protected and variations are proactively managed and secured. As variations are identified they are to be reported to Finance to be tracked in the Variations register and as they are secured, they are to be reported to the Finance team to update Sales tracker and Finance team to update accounts / forecasting / invoicing.
- You will be required to support both UAE & KSA BD teams in the prospecting, bidding, presenting and conversion of opportunities as required.
- As part of your career progression to Associate Director, you will be expected to develop and manage your own client accounts and bring new and repeat business to the company.
- You will also be invited to attend industry functions / networking events from time to time to represent the Company to the market.
- You will be required to support the marketing plan as agreed (ie industry conference & speaking, writing articles, keeping marketing informed of good news stories).
- Being aware of and supporting in the continual improvement of the company brand within the marketplace. Identifying anything that does not comply with or reflects poorly on the brand and taking corrective action with the Regional Directors.
- Understand each Clients business plans (in terms of projects) in the immediate and medium term. Report potential project pipeline to BD teams to be recorded in the pipeline tracker and regularly monitored / forecasted.
- In addition, monitor staff skills and allocations vs forecasting to ensure the correct resources are available to secure and service upcoming pipeline.
- Given the nature of the types of projects Compass delivers for its clients, you will likely oversee on many projects simultaneously.
- To be an effective leader across multiple projects you must have good time management. This means arranging all stakeholders effectively, planning meetings in advance, assessing and prioritising tasks, committing to the most efficient timesframes possible without overcomitting, motivating your team to comply with your time management requests and sticking to all timeframes set.
- Following project award, you shall assist in establishing the project brief, establishing project budget, identifying project stakeholders, identifying authorities, identifying risks, and identifying all activities and parties responsible.
- During the proejct set up you shall ensure all commercial and contract risks are identified, mitigation measures put in place and residual risks communicated to the Client.
- During the Procurement and Construction Phase you shall monitor contractor performance to ensure cost, time and health/safety risks are being appropriately managed.
- Provide cost advice generally during design development including carrying out cost comparisons of alternative designs or construction solutions as necessary or as requested by the Client and/or Lead Consultant to ensure that the design brief is effectively implemented within the allocated budget and value engineering options are presented and considered when the design is over budget.
Procurement Management (Commercials)
- You shall manage / assist with the procurement phase by providing advise, recommendations and undertake tender pre-qualifications, interviews and contractor selection recommendations including identifying a shortlist of contractors, prepare draft commercial tender documentation, answer commercial tender queries, perform commercial tender evaluations, tender reporting and issue recommendation, prepare and submit to the Client and/ or Lead Consultant for review purposes draft contract documents and issue final version of the contract documents to the Contractor and the Client for execution by the both parties.
- You shall be responsible for the management of the Contract registers, independently, or with assistance from the Quantum team.
- You shall oversee the execution and administration of contracts, including measuring performance against contract, issuing notices in accordance with contract requirements, managing payments in accordance with contract requirements, managing changes in accordance with contract requirements, managing disputes and resolutions in accordance with contract requirements.
- Following project award, you shall complete project cost planning including establishing project budget, identifying commercial and cost risks, establishing cost management project programme and identifying all activities and parties responsible.
- You shall oversee the cost management services, including cost trackers cost reports, claims assessments, variations reviews/ recommendations, final accounts and the like with support of the QS team.
- You shall ensure the Project Stakeholders register, including identifying all Project Stakeholders, their role, their involvement and their requirements to ensure all Stakeholders are managed accordingly.
- You shall Chair the Project commercial meetings as required including taking minutes, confirming action items, parties responsible and timeframes and distributing minutes within 48 hours of the meeting.
You shall develop and distribute of weekly progress reports to the Client.
Other Keep abreast of latest movements within the marketplace and recommend to the Regional Directors improvements in strategy, services, technology etc. to ensure Compass continues to evolve with its competition.
You shall assist the Company as required in the development and continual improvement of its Business Management System, Website and Marketing paraphernalia.
- Industry Expert
- Well Presented
- Well Connected
- Well Spoken (English Language)
- Well Written (English Language)
- Previous Senior quantity Surveyor and / or Associate level experience at a Cost Consultant is required within UAE. Having achieved success performing activities as described within "Role".
- Management of services through Design, Tender and Construction Phases.
- Previous UAE experience of managing a team of quantity surveyors for a single or multiple projects.
- A property or construction related degree is required.
- RICS Accreditation candidates will be made priority
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We have spent years building our key client & candidate bases; only working with the top firms in the market who have the same philosophy as us. We only partner with ethical businesses who have an excellent reputation in the market, allowing us to attract the very best talent for our clients.
We refuse to be like most recruiters – targeted on CV sends & quantity over quality. We do not operate a KPI environment. We will always have a direct, honest & transparent approach to our clients and candidates delivering a first in class service at all times; whether you are recruiting an engineer or director.
We have the capabilities, coupled with local market knowledge to manage your projects from concept design to completion. We recruit in the following countries: UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Kuwait.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inQuantity Surveyor Jobs in Abu Dhabi
Senior Estimator Jobs in Abu Dhabi
Contract Administrator Jobs in Abu Dhabi