JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Senior Structural Engineer – Dubai
Linum Consult’s client is a specialist in civil and structural engineering. They are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer with experience in Temporary Works Design to join their team on a variety of bridge projects in the Middle East. This role will be based out of their Dubai office.
The duties of the Senior Structural Temporary Works Design Engineer will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Carrying out temporary works design, including for bridges and piers
• Effectively managing and allocating work packages to local and international resources
• Working collaboratively with engineering and documentation team members
• Designing to crane elements
• Carrying out structural steel detailing and reinforced concrete detailing
• Ensuring the timely flow of information, attention to detail, and control of documentation
• Minimum of a Degree qualification in Civil or Structural Engineering
• At least 5-10 years’ experience in temporary works design, structural analysis, post-tensioning, precast segmental concrete, falsework, scaffolding, formwork, etc.
• Ideally have some experience of working onsite
• Knowledge of midas Civil, SPACE GASS, Strand7, and/or Microstran software
• Experience of international codes of practice (AASHTO, Eurocodes, Australian Standards, etc.)
• Fluent in English
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.