JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
Liaise with business owners/managers and translate Business Requirements to IT initiatives. Service as Senior representative of IT to Business and vice versa. Attend internal client meetings, understand their requirements and act as a bridge between business and IT to deliver end to end solution. Author Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD), Process flows and User Stories (where applicable). Support Business and project teams throughout project, both during requirements gathering, planning, User Acceptance testing preparation and execution and go live. Ensure the correct implementation according to agree requirements and/or user stories
• Liaise with business owners/manager to translate Business Requirements to IT initiatives.
• Understand and assess Business needs
• Attend internal and external client meetings, understand requirements and act as a bridge between business and IT to deliver end to end solution
• Prioritize requirements from various stakeholders
• Communicate, translate and simplify business requirements to ensure buy-in from all stakeholders.
• Discover, organize and clarify business needs and review/produce specifications for change
• Highlight product features and business requirements in a manner clearly understandable to the development team
• Work with the development team to ensure they understand the specifications
• Work with wider project and business team to document system scenarios, identify roles impacted and help develop a change management/training plan
• Serve as a voice to project the expectations of customers on new or already existing products
• Manage and develop product backlog, as well as user stories backlog for implementation (where applicable)
• Conduct backlog grooming meetings with a team of product owners (where applicable)
• Attend sprint planning and demo meetings to give feedback on sprint achievement, as well as to scrum team (where applicable)
• Constantly exchange ideas with product owners within an organization
• Assess product value stream to identify areas that require improvements
Education and Experience:
• Graduation degree or more
• More than 10 years' experience proving exposure to Banking Business and IT
• More than 8 years' experience as Agile PO (partially possible as Business analyst), Managing Projects and teams.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.