JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
SENER are currently seeking a Senior Transport Planning Engineer to join our office in Abu Dhabi (UAE).
His/Her responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Undertaking traffic analysis and transport modelling studies
• Undertaking transit planning and operations analysis and intermodal planning and design
• Preparing calculations, drawings, programmes, and cost estimates for specific jobs
• Project and team administration duties
• Producing project related correspondence, reports, and presentations
• Working directly with clients and other professionals with minimal supervision
• Liaising with clients and local authorities for projected related matters and requirements.
• Providing guidance and mentorship to more junior engineers to enhance the team's skillset.
• Assisting in/or delivering projects for government and local developer clients
• Assisting in preparing bids and developing client relationships
Education and experience:
• BSc degree in Bridge, Civil/Transport Planning Engineering, ideally MSc level or equivalent
• 10-15 years of related experience with proven knowledge and experience of local transport context, local transport planning and modelling guidelines (TIS, TMPs) and codes.
Possessing analytical and transport modelling skills, as well as solid understanding of the fundamentals of traffic engineering analysis and design, in the following studies:
• Demand Modelling Studies, Macro/Micro related to transport model studies
• Experience in using big data analytics and IA for mobility analysis, mobility data related to mobile telephony
• Ecomobility and Sustainability of transport modes
• Territorial Studies (urban design, mobility plans, accessibility studies, parking, etc.)
• Logistics, Freight and Port Studies
• Transport Systems Operational Studies
• Financial Appraisals and Cost-Benefit Analysis for all type of infrastructures, as well as Economic Impact calculations in terms of employment and VAB
• Environmental Appraisals, Decarbonization, Carbon Footprint, ESG.
• Ideally with experience in the Abu Dhabi transport model (STEAM) and Dubai transport model (DSTM) is essential
• Experience in using industry standard software including CUBE, EMME, VISUM, VISSIM, TransCAD, Aimsun, Legion, A-Logit, SYNCHRO, SIDRA, GIS
• General MS Office experience.
• Able to demonstrate success in delivering high quality analytical and qualitative analysis and research
• Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
• Able to support developing successful client relationships
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines is essential
• Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
• Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
• Ability to communicate effectively complex issues associated with transport planning and design projects
• Proven ability to write reports, proposals, letters, and emails to clients
• Ability to manage projects of suitable size, people, and meeting clients
ABOUT THE COMPANY
SENER is an Engineering and Construction company backed by 60 years’ experience.
Innovation, commitment to quality and independence are our corporate values.
Founded in Spain, today we are an international leader in: - Aerospace Engineering - Infrastructures and Transport - Power and Process - Marine Engineering.
More than 2,500 professionals and a dozen offices located in Algiers, Argentina, Brazil, China, Colombia, the United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, India, Japan, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Santiago de Chile, Spain and South Korea are proof of our potential as a company; our aim is to offer our customers and society solutions and products that are technologically efficient and innovative.
Our aim at SENER is to develop engineering projects, production and construction activities and systems integration.
We undertake our work fully aware of our duty to generate added value in everything we do, to satisfy employees, stockholders and investors, as well as to make investments that contribute to their development.