JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Shariah Auditor / Shari’ah Auditor – Permanent – Dubai
Leading banking client in the market are now hiring for their growing team
This is a fantastic time to join a business who are growing and expanding within UAE
You will lead and assist in Internal Shari’ah Audit of Islamic banking business units, departments, functions and transactions.
Contribute to the delivery of the Annual Audit Plan through active participation in the execution of risk based Shari’ah audits and performing ongoing business monitoring and Shari’ah non-compliance risk assessments of assigned business areas.
Role: Shariah Auditor / Shari’ah Auditor
Salary: 15,000 AED – 17,000 AED Per Month Dependent on experience
• Accomplish Internal Shari’ah Audit objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of Shariah Control, review, and governance process of the Islamic banking operations, products and services in order to adequately control the inherent risks of Shari’ah non-compliance and assess the remedy measurements for the Residual risks of Shari’ah non-compliance.
• Assist Head of Shari’ah Audit in the annual Shari’ah audit planning process by performing effective risk assessments to identify high risk auditable entities for inclusion in the annual Shari’ah audit plan.
• Perform Shari’ah audits of allocated business and risk areas using advanced auditing techniques and data analytics.
• Plan Shari’ah audit engagements and prepare documents including Shari’ah Audit Planning Memo, Terms of Reference (TOR) and Risk assessment of the auditable entity for approval by Senior Management.
• Conduct detailed walk-throughs with auditees for areas assigned and identify process/design gaps, deviation to documented process etc.
• Actively engage in scoping meetings, conduct detailed walk-throughs of areas assigned and identify process / design gaps, deviation to documented process etc.
• Research and assess how well Shari’ah governance process are functioning and record the results accordingly.
• Perform / complete high quality, well-documented Shari’ah audit fieldwork in accordance with Internal Shari’ah Audit methodology within strict timelines.
• Formulate Shari’ah audit exception findings and audit recommendations for review by Head of Shari’ah Audit.
• Detect, analyze, evaluate relevant documentation, track errors in data provided, streamline Shari’ah non-compliance risk assessment, and search for potential loopholes and vulnerabilities to arrive at reasonable conclusions.
• Test the operation, challenge the design of existing controls and perform inquiries as needed to resolve the vulnerabilities.
• Anticipate emerging issues through research and interviews, identify root cause and develop recommendations to address them.
• Ensure to deliver quality, timely and well-documented Shari’ah audit fieldwork in TeamMate in accordance with Internal Shari’ah Audit methodology and IIA standards within strict timelines, including feedback/review comments.
• Prepare, review Shari’ah audit reports to confirm adequacy of Shari’ah audit coverage, quality of work papers and alignment with the Terms of Reference, AAOIFI Shari’ah Standards & Financial Standards, ISSC, HSA-CBUAE and overall Shari’ah principles of Islamic banking and finance.
• Actively engage with stakeholders to understand changes to the business, perform periodic risk assessment, identify Shari’ah audit opportunities, recommend changes to the annual Shari’ah audit plan, define appropriate Shari’ah audit scopes, and execute Shari’ah audit delivery
• Discuss and agree audit findings, recommendations and action plan with auditees.
• Assist in the execution of continuous monitoring, recommendation follow-up and validation of Internal Shari’ah Audit and Regulator identified issues remediation
• Proactively engage with stakeholders to challenge and question existing processes and procedures with a view to developing the business through process improvements
• Follow up with Auditees to ensure timely /satisfactory closure of all open findings on Team Mate and Team Central.
• Develop the ability to identify emerging inherent Shari’ah non-compliance risks and issues and stratify / prioritize them to determine Shari’ah audit methods and remedies to be adopted efficiently.
• Develop and enhance knowledge of potential risks of Shari’ah non-compliance, industry specific knowledge appropriate to the Shari’ah audit engagements and to the organization to retain credibility with all stakeholders.
Do your skill sets meet the requirements for this role? Interested? Please apply now online.
N.B- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this role
ABOUT THE COMPANY
eMagine Solutions is one of the leading authorities on leadership and talent globally. Our combined resources of over 100 years professional experience mean that our clients trust us with finding them the top talent globally and candidates trust us to find them the right opportunity in a timely and confidential manner.
Throughout our offices we provide complete solutions for our clients, including traditional temporary and permanent recruitment, executive search, recruitment process outsourcing (RPO), salary survey's, market mapping and training and development courses.
Our global client list work with us not only because of our expertise but also because of our honesty, integrity and passion.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inInternal Auditor Jobs in Dubai
Quality Assurance Officer Jobs in Dubai
Senior Auditor Jobs in Dubai