JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
A prestigious Global Management Consulting firm is seeking a Strategy Consultant - Trade & Investment to successfully meet the market's demand for deep expertise and advanced technical capabilities in Geopolitics and Global Trade, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), Special Economic Zones (SEZs) strategy, Cluster development, and Trade & Investment Promotion.
You will work on some of the most important trade and investment projects with a special emphasis on clients based in Europe, Middle East, South America, and Africa. As a project leader, you will collaborate on challenging projects with team members from many backgrounds, conducting detailed fact-based analyses and developing strategic solutions in projects. You will also dedicate time to further develop and deepen the firm’s expertise in the topic, and to support the firm’s Partners in business development initiatives.
• 7+ years of experience including managerial; encompassing:
• Expertise in at least one area from each of the two below subsets:
a. Geopolitics, Trade Promotion, Trade Defence, Trade Risk & Compliance, Intersection of Climate Regulations & Trade, and Supply Chain and Operations
b. Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), Special Economic Zones (SEZs) Strategy / Cluster Development, Cluster Development, Export Promotion, and Investment Promotion
• Ideally combining the following elements:
a. Consulting: Experience within a high-caliber consulting organization will be an asset. Familiarity with the practices and techniques of consulting (e.g., project management, content development, and output using power point)
b. Private-sector: Experience with a multi-national private-sector firm, in particular, roles related to strategy and/or international business and/or operations.
c. Public Sector: Experience with public sector entities at a regional or national level, if such experience is in a foreign / trade policy or investment promotion context.
• MBA or Master’s degree from a top tier institute with a strong academic record
Professional Skills & Other Attributes
• Client service orientation, including commercial capabilities.
• Proven track record of interacting and managing senior stakeholders.
• Analytical and structured with excellent problem-solving skills (hypothesis driven approach, advanced quantitative alysis skills etc.)
• Ability to synthesize the impact of policy and drive to the “so what” for business.
• Excellent track record of project/team leadership and related achievements
• Ability to drive to output through client presentation.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Intercultural competence and experience of working in more than one country and/or multi-cultural teams would be a strong plus.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.