JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
The Strategy function is part of ISG business unit, that combines Intelligence, Strategy and Growth functions. It supports Group management with defining Group's long-term vision and strategy, and acts as a custodian of strategic planning process. The Strategy team aims at being a driving force allowing the Group to achieve its ambition and to strengthen its competitive advantages in an ever-changing and challenging environment. It also serves as an "internal consulting" unit supporting business unit strategies and select strategic projects through leadership and advisory.
Reporting directly to the Head of Strategy, the Strategy Manager actively takes part in the Group's strategic planning and medium- to long-term development, working on the formulation and implementation of the major goals and initiatives taken by the Group's top management.
- Participate in defining the Group's long-term strategy
- Support the 3-year plan and drive its execution
- Assess the Group's operational and strategic performance (financial and business analysis)
- Support Group strategic initiatives and new ventures through analysis and advisory
- Construct forecasts and analytical models whilst building business recommendations accordingly
- Act as an "internal consulting" support for delivery of key strategic projects for different business units
- Align processes, resources-planning and department goals with overall strategy
- Supervise and ensure roll-out of plans across businesses
- Follow progress on quarterly basis through regular meetings
- Drive strategic thinking at Group level
- Interact and work with C-Levels
- Educate and accompany senior executives and commercial teams in making effective decisions
- Liaise and collaborate closely with Intelligence team and internal stakeholders to leverage data and insights
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience working in one of the top strategy consulting firms (at least 6 years)
- Graduate of a top-tier university (MBA or an equivalent master's degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance or a related field)
- Excellent analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills
- Storylining and workstream structuring
- Experience in strategic planning and measuring success
- Knowledge of business operations and procedures
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Creating presentations and data visualisations to present to decision makers
- Understanding of market research and data analysis
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with diverse set of senior stakeholders
- Prior experience in managing projects
- Leadership skills and ability in coaching others
- Personal interest in retail and/or luxury
- Global experience is a must; experience in GCC is preferred, however not a requirement
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.