JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The successful candidate will have previously worked on a mixed range of projects in the Middle East region.
Contribute to the structural design team, or part thereof, by structural elements to various building codes – beams, columns, slabs, foundation, portal frames, retaining walls in steel and concrete. Creating calculations about loads and stresses.
• Generate structural models using computer aided design software.
• Reviewing building design based on authorities regulations.
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of post-graduate experience.
• Corporate membership of a relevant institution is an advantage
• Good spoken and written communication skills.
• Proficient user of industry standard software such as ETABS, SAFE, STAAD Pro, REVIT…etc.
• Good knowledge in programing languages and API functionality within ETABS and other structural analysis tools.
• Parametric design experience with proven record of successful projects.
• Experience with client facing meetings.
• Ability to give clear and concise presentations.
• Has experience in the design of reinforced concrete and steel structures.
• Experience in designing to American Standards and Middle East local design regulations.
• Confident, proactive character, with a track record of working in challenging situations.
• Previously worked on various projects including residential, commercial and industrial developments.
• The ability to coordinate with other members of the design team.
• The ability to produce detailed design calculations, reports and drawings.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The P&T Group, formerly known as Palmer and Turner Hong Kong, is a well-established and renowned international architectural engineering practice in South East Asia with more than a thousand seasoned staff, working from offices located in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Bangkok, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Riyadh. Projects are also undertaken in most other Southeast Asian countries, the Middle East and Africa.
Palmer & Turner was first established in Hong Kong in 1868, and since its inception, has proved a major contributor to the physical development of this region and responsible for many of its old and new architectural landmarks.
The P&T Group offers a full range of architectural, structural and mechanical engineering, planning and project management services, with full support from in-house interior and graphic design divisions. Model making, extensive computer and photographic facilities, as well as full administrative support complete this service of total design.
The Group is committed to the pursuit of excellence in the architectural and engineering field and aims to improve the quality of life by contributing to the design of the physical environment. Professional emphasis is placed on visual and functional elements of design, to create buildings that are both aesthetically pleasing and sympathetic to their surroundings.
The Group’s growth is a reflection of the increasing number of large-scale projects demanding the creativity and expertise of many professional services to clients. The success in this is demonstrated by the number of design awards received over the years, including The Medal of Year of Hong Kong by The Hong Kong Institute of Architects (HKIA).