JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our client a large international Multidisciplinary Engineering Consultancy requires a Structural Inspector to be based on a variety of projects throughout Dubai.
Key responsibilities will include;
• Reading and understanding the package contract documents, detailed drawings & specifications
• Ensuring the contractor(s) are complying with the standards and specifications of the contract through observation, measurements, and testing
• Undertaking all site supervision and inspections when required
• Documenting, in the areas assigned to the Inspector, the work carried out by the contractor
• Report on materials delivery
• Apply and implement all quality controls and quality procedures of the site.
• Prepare site measurements and surveying checks
• Monitor Health and Safety of the construction works and report on violations
To apply for the role you should meet most of the following criteria;
• Be educated to a minimum of diploma level in Civil/ Structural Engineering or similar (degree preferred)
• Have a minimum of 7 - 10 years construction supervision experience
• Have at least 3 - 5 years construction supervision experience working for an engineering consultancy
• Have at least 2 years experience working in the UAE
• Currently reside in the UAE and be able to attend face to face interview next week
• Have a good knowledge in basic design requirements and be familiar with Electrical methodologies including installation processes and procedures.
• Have a good knowledge of the relevant Building Codes.
• Have experience in Buildings of all types in particular high-rise, mixed use residential and commercial, retail and hospitality.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Be competent at writing reports
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.