JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
RENECO's mission is to implement a global conservation strategy aiming to restore and preserve the Houbara bustard populations of North Africa (Chlamydotis undulata) and Asia (Chlamydotis macqueenii).
To achieve these goals, RENECO has developed a multidisciplinary approach within different centers in Morocco, Central Asia, and the Arabian Peninsula by combining fundamental and applied research.
To cope with the expansion of its activities and due to the development of new conservation projects,
RENECO is opening new positions giving a unique opportunity to be part of an ambitious conservation program.
You will join the IT Department.
Under the functional responsibility of the International System & Network Manager, your main missions will be to:
• Optimize and maintain network security protocols, such as secure socket layer (SSL), secure file transfer protocol (SFTP), and virtual private networks (VPNs), to ensure data protection.
• Analyse and monitor our network to identify vulnerabilities.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to secure our IT infrastructure.
• Monitor network/Internet usage to ensure compliance with security procedures and policies.
• Manage and monitor the 3rd party (providers, partners) accesses to our IT infrastructure.
• Manage penetration tests to find any flaws.
• Monitor and analyse IT security incidents, manage and coordinate the response to those incidents, and document the incidents and their responses.
• Raise awareness of security software and best practices for information security.
• Provide cybersecurity support during infrastructure design.
• Keep updated with new IT trends, know the new threats, and attain developments in IT security best practices.
• Spot inefficiencies in the organization’s computer network and make recommendations to address weaknesses.
• Draft procedures and policies related to IT security.
• Participate in the preparation and monitoring of the department's budget.
• Organize and animate the IT security trainings.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a technology-related field, including a security focus.
• At least 3 years of experience in an IT security role.
• Knowledge of budget building and implementation.
• Ability to lead a team.
• Good communication skills, and ability to explain the technical issues to the users.
• Fluency in English.
• Knowledge of Arabic, Russian, Kazakh, or French languages would be an advantage.
IT & Software Skills:
• Microsoft Services: DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, O365.
• Network: Cisco, Fortigate.
• Operating System: Windows Server (2016 / 2019), Windows 10, Linux (Debian).
• Software: Ticketing System (GLPI), Microsoft Office, CCTV, VOIP (3CX).
• Virtualization: VMWare ESX/ESXi.
• Detailed knowledge of Windows server setup, deployment, and maintenance.
• Knowledge of network security systems, intrusion detection systems, and data backup.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Reneco is a consulting company ensuring management and coordination of ecology and conservation projects based in North Africa, Middle East, and Central Asia. Engaged for more than 30 years, Reneco mainly operates in the Houbara bustards population preservation through captive breeding, frequent releases, and follow-up actions.
The corporate headquarters is based in Abu Dhabi and houses more than 50 employees working for Reneco supporting functions such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, as well as Research department. Located in United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Kazakhstan, and Uzbekistan, the breeding Centres managed by Reneco welcome annually up to 2,000 employees. Being aware that our human capital is our main strength, we aim to hire qualified employees willing to be part of a multicultural team within a stimulating environment. By joining us, you will be supported in your career development and be involved in meaningful challenges with an international impact.