JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career within Tax Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to work directly with senior Information Technology professionals within PwC, as well as with our clients, in order to provide specialised assistance to troubleshoot and resolve issues surrounding the technical application aspects of our tax technology solutions.
Our team is responsible for acting as the direct liaison with information technology professionals at PwC and our clients by providing specialised assistance to troubleshoot and resolve issues with our tax technology solutions. You'll focus on utilising proprietary web applications and managing technology support.
We are looking for a (Senior) Manager to join the team, supporting our clients primarily in the area of tax operating model and tax governance design and implementation. This role sits at the heart of what the team does, working collaboratively with Tax and Finance leaders to:
* Develop a vision for the way in which tax operations are managed, develop and implement transformation plans
* Assess current state processes, governance, systems, data flows, and organisational models and opportunities for deploying technology
* Identify opportunities for improvement and
* Develop practical implementation plans
* Advise on the opportunities for tax to leverage Shared Service Centres and Global Business Service delivery models, including assessment of options and design of processes and controls
* Support on the implementation of transformation programmes
* Drive change activity across all aspects of the tax operating model
The role requires a consultative approach to supporting client leadership through strategic transformation initiatives.
In this role you will:
* Build trusted client relationships with finance and tax leaders across a portfolio of large organisations
* Lead project teams to deliver quality consulting projects to a range of businesses
* Use your knowledge of best practice tax operations and governance to advise clients on all aspects of their tax operating models
* Work across a range of industries (including Financial Services, Consumer Business, Energy & Resources, Technology, Media and Telecommunications)
* Help develop strategic plans for growing the team
* Mentor more junior members of the team, playing an active role in their development
* Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your professional experience:
* Extensive experience in a tax role (with some tax operations and governance familiarity) or in a finance operations role that encompassed tax. Your experience may have been in practice or an in-house role.
* An innovative approach and a desire to solve problems
* Passionate about client service
* Experience of leading a portfolio of tax and/or consulting engagements
* Organised with a flexible and adaptable approach
* A desire to develop your career, take on a leadership role and varied work
* Ideally, some experience of best practice tax operations and governance
* Good tax technical and/or finance operations experience
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.