JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
A leading Holding co (Real-estate, Investments, Hospitality etc.)
Salary and Benefits
AED 35,000 pm + education allowance + medicals & flights
Delivering a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframe. Building relationships and interacting with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting, and expertise. Providing innovative tax planning and reviewing income tax returns.
Tax manager will be responsible for overseeing an organization's tax responsibilities and ensuring that the accounting processes adhere to the regulations and local procedures. Tax manager will evaluate tax documents and prepare tax returns timely and efficiently manner.
Over all Responsibility:
Highly driven tax manager shall ensure the tax documents are prepared and filed in a timely manner. The tax manager’s responsibilities include developing solutions for potential tax issues, keeping abreast of new developments in tax legislation, and informing staff of new legislative developments. Should also be able to advise clients on tax planning, tax research, tax compliance, manage multiple projects efficiently
• Overseeing and managing the tax compliance process for the organization, including preparing and reviewing tax returns (corporate, VAT, and other applicable taxes), ensuring accuracy, and meeting all filing deadlines.
• Identify and mitigate tax risks by developing and implementing tax strategies and policies to minimize the organization's tax liabilities and optimize its tax positions.
• Manage the company’s tax documentation to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date.
• Manage tax provision and tax compliance process by improving processes by developing and implementing best practices.
• Conducting tax research and staying up to date with changes in tax laws and regulations to ensure compliance and identify potential tax-saving opportunities and emerging tax issues to proactively address potential impacts on the organization.
• Collaborating with internal departments to provide tax advice and guidance on business transactions, acquisitions, and restructurings.
• Managing relationships with external tax advisors and auditors, coordinating the engagement process, and reviewing their work to ensure quality and efficiency.
• Manage and coordinate tax audits and improve experience by participating in tax audits and examinations, responding to inquiries from tax authorities, and resolving any tax-related issues or disputes.
• The tax manager’s role is highly analytical. From reviewing tax returns prepared by staff to ensuring that their organization is complying with tax laws, tax managers’ tasks require high- level thinking and complex analysis.
• Analytical skills also help tax managers minimize their organization’s audit risk: Tax managers check tax returns for errors, ensuring that income, deductions and other items are accurate and properly documented.
• Tax managers must have strong technical skills to analyze business transactions and their tax consequences. They must have an in-depth understanding of complex tax laws and stay up to date with new and changing tax policies. Additionally, they must have advanced knowledge of preparation software programs to build tax strategies, identify discrepancies and complete tax-related tasks quickly.
• Developing and implementing internal controls and procedures to ensure accurate tax reporting and compliance with tax laws and regulations. Prepare all tax papers/records on a regular basis and handle all information data requests both internally and externally.
• Monitoring and analyzing financial data to identify tax risks, opportunities, and areas for process improvements.
• Providing guidance and training to finance and accounting teams on tax-related matters, ensuring understanding of tax requirements and best practices.
• Engaging in continuous professional development and maintaining appropriate certifications to stay current with tax laws and industry practices.
• Proven work experience as a Tax Manager. 10 years of experience in Tax Compliance and planning function including 3-4 years with Big4 (preferable)
• Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
• Knowledge of tax software and MS Office
ABOUT THE COMPANY
People Edge HR was established as an onshore company based in the United Arab Emirates. We cater to clients in the world’s fastest growing economies. With our well-developed infrastructure and staff, we are able to assist you with recruitment needs ranging from junior professionals through to middle and senior management, across industries. Our ambition is to be the region’s leading professional business services provider by consistently providing a full range of reliable, cost effective and smart business services to organisations to overcome challenges and increase efficiency.
We strive to build relationships that enable us to go beyond those of a traditional recruitment or training firm. We are keen to help our clients benefit from the significant regional experience we have within the firm. With our time-proven search process, market knowledge and our regional network, it is not surprising that more leading organizations around the region trust PeopleEdge HR to deliver and develop the best executives to run their businesses, a responsibility we take very seriously and work every day to meet with integrity and results.
PeopleEdge HR’s proven regional experience and resources can help ensure that you recruit the best available candidates and enjoy the many advantages of a managed recruitment process.