JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
To prepare food up to the standards of the client by using the correct HACCP procedures under the direction of the Senior Cook.
• Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
• Turns or stirs food to ensure even cooking.
• Prepare and deliver all items according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
• Observes and tests orders to determine if they have been prepared according to specifications, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
• Weighs, measures, and mixes ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
• Portions, arranges, and garnishes food, and serves food to waiters if allocated in outlets.
• Regulates temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
• Substitutes for or assists other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
• Bakes, roasts, boils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
• Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
• Estimates expected food consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
• Butchers and dress animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking.
• Bakes breads, rolls, cakes, and pastries.
• Cleans food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
• Maintains sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
• Measures ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
• Operates large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
• Pre-cook items such as bacon, in order to prepare them for later use.
• Verifies that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
• Washes, cuts, and prepares foods designated for cooking.
• Cleans, stocks, and restocks workstations and display cases.
• Orders and takes delivery of supplies.
• Schedules activities and equipment use with managers, using information about daily menus to help coordinate cooking times.
• Keeps records and accounts.
• Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Senior Cook, Sous Chef, Senior Sous Chef, Executive Chef or Production Manager at any time.
AED 1,000 to 1,200 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Accommodation, Transportation and Food are provided by the company, Visa, Insurances, Annual Leave, Ticket
• Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
• Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
• Previous prep or line cook experience.
• Professional communication skills are required.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
• Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.