JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Compass Project Consulting
Opus Associates are recruiting on behalf of Compass Project Consulting. Compass is a young, energetic versatile organisation that seeks highly driven, capable and independent personnel that have the ability to deliver intelligent, accelerated and professional project solutions to clients of all sizes and backgrounds from inception right though to operational hand-over. They are a true example of what hard work & commitment means. They have the Gulfs most highly respected and credible senior management.
Due to continuous project awards; they are looking to strengthen their commercial team with talented, Associates Director on their flagship project - Neom. They are one of the few companies offering first time postings..send your cv now & don't miss out on being part of Saudi Arabia's 2030 vision!
Job Title: Regional Technical Director
Location: UAE and KSA
Base: Shall be based within the Compass Dubai Office, but service both the UAE and KSA.
Workplace Compass is a young, energetic versatile organisation that seeks highly driven, capable and independent personnel that have the ability to deliver intelligent, accelerated and professional project solutions to clients of all sizes and backgrounds from inception right though to operational hand-over.
Mission To lead the regions most transformative construction projects.
Role: To manage Design Management, Lead Consulting and Supervision operations regionally, including overseeing all engagements, all services, all staff, all clients, all commercials and being ultimately responsible for the P+L, associated KPIs and strategy to achieve these KPIs. To support heavily in the planning, strategy, prospecting, bidding and converting of opportunities. You will be provided with HR, Recruitment, IT, Finance, Marketing, BD, PRO/GRO and Legal Support.
Reporting To CEO
• Strategy: Develop, present to and work with the CEO and MD to set initial strategy in the development of the years (or Quarter as may be required) business case (ie sectors, services, clients). Continue to tweak the strategy as required to achieve the business case.
• Business Case: Develop, present to and work with the CEO and MD to set the years (or Quarter as may be required) business case. Continually monitor performance against the business case and take necissary actions to ensure key KPI s are met (ie turnover, headcount, margin)
• Business Development: Following the development of the years (or Quarter as may be required) strategy and business case a sales plan will be developed by the BD team. Your assistance in this will be required, as will the targeting of and inroads into key clients thereafter, as agreed inorder to execute the plan.
In addition, you will be required to support the BD team in the prospecting, bidding, presenting and conversion of opportunities (including identifying, shortlisting, working with and tendering with preferrded sub-consultants)
You will also be invited to attend industry functions / networking events from time to time to represent the Company to the market.
• Marketing: Following the development of the years sales plan a marketing plan (will be developed by the Marketing team). You will be required to support that plan as agreed (ie industry conference & speaking, writing articles, keeping marketing informed of good news stories).
• Brand Management: Being aware of and supporting in the continual improvement of the company brand within the marketplace. Identifying anything that does not comply with or reflects poorly on the brand and taking corrective action with the CEO.
• Quality Control: Overseeing all engagements under your Directorship and ensuring that services are being delivered inline with industry best practice, the services agreement and Compass' services delivery manual and templates (which will need to be further developed by you to incorporate your new service line) to the satisfaction of the Client. Recommend improvements to existing systems to the CEO.
• Resource Management:
- Providing Direction to and leading your staff to achieve KPIs.
- Identifying strengths and weakness' within your staff and structuring your resources into a capable, complimentary team.
- Foster an environment of continual learning and professional development, when required have staff undertake training.
- Identify, recruit for and bring in strong team members, let underperforming and redundant staff go.
- Proactively manage headcount in line with project requirements and importantly income (forecasting is key).
- Undertake annual performance reviews, recommend promotions / incremental salary amendments to ownership and inline with the Business Case.
- Ensure staff act in accordance with the Staff Handbook and perform their roles in accordance with the role description.
- Any changes in relations to staff are to be reported to HR for their administration.
- Reject / approve staff leave applications without impact to service quality.
• Overhead Management: Manage overheads in line with income and in line with the Business Case. Approve / reject expenditure for Finance administration.
• Client Management: Keep clients happy and retain their custom through fostering open, honest and regular communication and feedback. Take all measures necessary to ensure they remain happy with services being provided, resources assigned and the like.
• Pipeline Management: Understand each Clients business plans (in terms of projects) in the immediate and medium term. Report potential project pipeline to BD team to be recorded in the pipeline tracker and regularly monitored / forecasted. In addition, monitor staff skills and allocations vs forecasting to ensure the correct resources are available to secure and service upcoming pipeline.
• Commercial Management: With the BD team review contractual terms on bids before signature. Generally, we use our own contracts, however review will be required for bespoke / client own contracts. Where required legal advice may be required. Once contracts are signed they are to be shared with Finance to set-up project accounts.
Understand each contract and actively administer as required. Always protect Compass' rights and avoid placing the company into harms way.
Tender for, negotiate, set-up and administer all sub-consultancy agreements.
• Variation Management: Critical to the above is ensuring rights to variations are protected and variations are proactively managed and secured. As variations are identified they are to be reported to BD team to be tracked in the Variations register and as they are secured, they are to be reported to the BD team to update Sales tracker and Finance team to update accounts / forecasting / invoicing.
• Invoicing:Approving the issuance of Invoices on Productive at the end of each month (or during as the case may be).
• Credit Control: Assist the Credit Controller as required to unlock problematic, pending dues.
• Forecasting: Assist with Forecasting as requested.
• Monthly Reporting: Provide updates as requested by the CEO, against the business plan on a monthly basis.
• Meetings: Attend management meetings as required.
• Other: Keep abreast of latest movements within the market place and recommend to the CEO improvements in strategy, services, technology (ie BIM) etc to ensure Compass continues to evolve with its competition.
• Industry Expert
• Well Presented
• Well Connected
• Inspirational Leader
• Responsible and Committed
• Previous Regional or Service Line Director level experience at an international Design & Engineering firm is required, preferably within the GCC. Having achieved success performing activities as described within 'Role".
• A design / engineering or construction related degree is required.
• PMP certification will be highly regarded.
• RICS accreditation will be highly regarded.
• FCABE accreditation will be highly regarded.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We have spent years building our key client & candidate bases; only working with the top firms in the market who have the same philosophy as us. We only partner with ethical businesses who have an excellent reputation in the market, allowing us to attract the very best talent for our clients.
We refuse to be like most recruiters – targeted on CV sends & quantity over quality. We do not operate a KPI environment. We will always have a direct, honest & transparent approach to our clients and candidates delivering a first in class service at all times; whether you are recruiting an engineer or director.
We have the capabilities, coupled with local market knowledge to manage your projects from concept design to completion. We recruit in the following countries: UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Kuwait.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inWorkshop Manager Jobs in Dubai
Technical Manager Jobs in Dubai
Site Manager Jobs in Dubai