JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Functional area: Management/Development of Terraco Construction Systems
Reports to: Regional Technical Manager
Job Category: Architectural Technologist, Construction, Engineering, Building Energy Modelling
• The candidate’s main responsibility will be the project management and development of the Terraco construction systems which are sold by the Terraco UAE Sales teams such as the Terraco Exterior Insulation Finish Systems, (From Pre-Tender Stage to Project System Construction & Post completion for Terraco Construction Systems). The candidate will also be responsible for overseeing the technical support provided to consultants/sub-contractors/clients in cooperation with the Terraco technical sales team. The role will also involve the co-ordination of product testing and as required certification in the Middle East.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Project Management/technical support which is required on new and deep retrofit projects for main contractors/specialist sub-contractors and consultants, in relation to the Terraco Construction Systems. All documentation/strategic planning is done in Co-operation/conjunction with the Terraco Technical Sales teams and under the Terraco Regional Manager.
• The development and finalization of Project specific method statements, technical documentation and region-specific specifications and site-specific modifications thereof in conjunction with Terraco UAE technical sales team and specifications teams and where required Terraco group technical staff.
• Manage oversee/the training and technical development of installers, applicators, internal sales, and Terraco UAE technical sales support team.
• Manage technical support team and site QC / QA function, process, and documentation.
• Lead a team of product sampling and demonstration.
• Manage and resolve technical site queries and manage the resolution of disputes/claims.
• Collaborate with the marketing department in technical preparation of marketing material including brochures, leaflets, datasheets, MSDS, submittal kits etc.
• Act as a technical liaison for the sales and specifications team and support them for product testing, certification and technical documentation to ensure local and international compliance as required.
• Strategic development of potential new markets for the Terraco construction systems such as the deep retrofit market in the Middle East.
• Support the sales team with technical seminars / introductions as required.
• Conduct technical benchmarking and evaluation of competitors and share the data with Regional Technical Team for product development and enhancements.
• Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety legislation and Company/Client Health & Safety practices and procedures.
• Other duties as required.
• Architecture technologist/Construction management/Engineering/Energy Graduate from a recognized university.
• More than 10 years’ experience required on technical site / application management in a related field (EIFS / ETICS / EWI, coatings / paints, dry-mixes, tiling products, waterproofing, construction chemicals, façade design).
• In depth knowledge & experience of technical drawings. An understanding of Façade architectural detailing and wind load resistance principles. (Real working experience/time using AutoCAD/Revit in a commercial office environment is an advantage).
• In-depth knowledge & experience of project / site documentation records/ processes and requirements.
• Capable of taking initiative, working autonomously, and leading & managing teams.
• A clear understanding of building envelope U-Value calculations and the principles of Building Energy Conservation measures required in new buildings and for deep retrofit in the Middle East.
• A working knowledge of Building Energy Modelling Software such as IES, Design Builder, Equest would be an advantage.
• Fluency in English communication. Additional languages will be preferred.
• Should possess UAE Driving License.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A leader in the formulation, design and production of environmentally friendly finishing materials, Terraco prides itself on providing innovative, green solutions to the construction industry. Since its founding in 1980, Terraco uses carefully selected raw materials and production techniques, resulting in products that promote health, ensure comfort, improve energy efficiency and provide a sophisticated finish.
Terraco's range of quality finishing products, supplied to the construction industry in over 75 countries, are distinguished by their environmentally friendly approach and high quality. They include EIFS / ETICS, surface preparation and repair products, construction chemicals, performance paints & coatings, tiling products, flooring products, waterproofings and more.