JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGOÂ® values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
In this role you will be a part of a shift team operating within the engineering department your role is to carry out safe and effective engineering maintenance and statutory inspection of all amusement devices, associated equipment, park motor vehicles, mechanised plant and ride buildings via the application of a planned preventative maintenance approach with the aim of maximising ride and equipment availability and safety in operation.
- As part of a shift team to work as an operational engineer carrying out, planned preventative maintenance, unplanned maintenance, ride start up procedures and safety checks. To ensure that attractions are handed over to the operation in line with park opening times.
- To attend ride breakdowns in a timely manner and to ensure that work is completed safely, efficiently and in line with departmental procedures (SSOW).
- To carry a radio to enable communication between colleagues and customer department representatives as appropriate.
- To assist the department's managerial team and charge hands as and when required in order to fulfil the department's KPI's, objectives and function.
- To ensure written documentation relating to pre-opening checks and maintenance works are accurate to reflect changes in procedure. To ensure that you complete PPM documentation in a timely manner in line with department procedures.
- During the low season period you will carry out Annual Strip and Annual Maintenance programme in order to facilitate PPM and a thorough annual inspection of all attractions by an external body, all in order to obtain a Non Objection Certificate (NOC) to the agreed deadlines.
- To have an active role in the development of the annual strip down plan.
- To undertake additional responsibility as directed by the department management team following appropriate instruction/training.
- To maintain and keep in good condition the tool's provided to enable professional and competent completion of maintenance tasks.
- To develop professional and considerate relationships with both internal customer departments and external suppliers and consultants.
Health & Safety:
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected through your work activities.
- To cooperate with and support the LEGOLAND Dubai Management to allow the business to fulfill its legal responsibilities through:
- Following reasonable instruction related to health & safety.
- Reporting dangerous situations or deficiencies in health & safety arrangements.
- To only use work equipment in accordance with training.
- To not interfere or misuse anything provided for the purposes for health & safety.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Qualified to at least C&G level 3, or approved equivalent, in either mechanical or electrical engineering supplemented
- At least 5 years' experience of working in ideally a theme park environment, or other comparable heavy engineering/industrial operation at a supervisory or management level
- Ideally a Full working knowledge of the HSG 175, EN 13814 and DAC requirements
- A full working knowledge of appropriate engineering related statutory requirements e.g. certification and safe use of lifting equipment, C.O.S.H.H., safe use and written schemes of pressure vessels, general responsibilities for the maintenance of a Safe Working Environment under the Health & Safety at Work Act etc
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014