JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We’re working with a fast-growing commodity-trading company in the DIFC.
The purpose of the role is to provide financial accounting support and statutory reporting preparation. The Trade Accountant must ensure financial reports are compliant with statutory requirements and assist with internal management reporting processes.
• Perform entity & vessel accounting activities for the respective legal entities
• Oversee and perform monthly book close and account reconciliations for the respective legal entities
• Perform financial reporting & analysis
• Assisting in Audits and filing of VAT returns
• Handle LCs and treasury related duties
AED 15,000 to 23,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Fully chartered accountant
• Solid experience in a commodities trading company, understanding the whole trading process from A to Z.
• University education in accounting, finance or business
• Minimum 2 years of practical accounting experience in wholesale companies preferably in OG industry
• Experience with UAE VAT is essential.
• Good knowledge of Accounting principles, IFRS & VAT
• Good Financial Reporting & Analytical skills
• Experience in monthly book close and reconciliation process
• Extensive accounting experience in Practice / accountancy firm
• VAT and IFRS basic knowledge
• Ability to prioritize, and work under pressure when need to meet deadlines
• Able to take initiatives and have good problem-solving skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.