JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Position Title: Upstream Field HSE Supervisor
Employment Type: Rotational; 1-year renewable contract
Salary: Daily rate depending on experience and qualification
Job Location: UAE
About the Client:
A leading oil and gas company in UAE.
• Leads by example in ensuring implementation of company drilling, completion and well testing, construction, and civils / well delivery HSE programs & procedures on concerned well/work sites.
• Support the HSE Superintendent and the HSE team with planning, coordinating, and implementing of effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the department objectives are met.
• Ensures the timely identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and development of effective measures/tools to manage and reduces these risks to ALARP.
• Carries out Contractor site compliance/verification checks.
• Performs ad hoc HSE activities as required including but not limited to regular walkabouts, inspections and audits, HSE readiness, site visits, contractor facility visits etc.
• HSE qualification – Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate
• Valid OPITO H2S Certification required
• Must have good drilling activity related experience plus exposure to workover and well intervention operations. Experience of Hydraulic Workover and Civils Construction (i.e. wellsite/well pads) is also desirable
• Experience in the UAE or Middle East region is preferred
• Should have experience working for both a major operator and a major service contractor engaged in upstream activities such as drilling, etc.
• Should ideally have worked in a Supervisory capacity
• Should be well versed with PTW systems and their correct implementation
• Should have good hands on knowledge/experience and have undergone HSE training/certification courses in activities such as: Lifting Operations, Firefighting, Heat Stress, First Aid, H2S, Journey Management, DROPS, Energy isolation, Defensive Driving, Incident/Accident investigation, Confined Space, Work at Height, Permit to Work, Hazard ID/Risk Assessment, Lifting operations etc.
• Experience gained with onshore operations and gas wells preferred.
• Experience of working in H2S environment and also Emergency response (i.e. drills/exercises)
• Being able to speak other languages such as Arabic, Urdu, and Hindi is advantageous
ABOUT THE COMPANY
RTC-1 Employment Services is a licensed recruitment firm based in Dubai, UAE. Our team has been in the market since 2004 and we are supporting various industries with their staffing needs across the Middle East and Africa.