Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our UK and European hub started in 1990 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering contracting, construction management, project and programme management, facilities management and cost consultancy services.
Electrical Engineer - Luxury Hospitality/Residential
• To assist in controlling, managing and coordinating the delivery for the MEP systems throughout the full project lifecycle, preconstruction through to handover and close out, to ensure the works are delivered safely, on time and to agreed budget, while maintaining high quality standards.
Your responsibilities will include
• Assisting in managing the business division and/or unit electrical engineers and electrical assessors.
• Approving of contractors to operate their electrical systems on Mace projects.
• Investigating any electrical incidents or near misses.
• Auditing the Mace electrical core standards across the business.
• Ensuring all mandatory training for electrical core standards is in place.
• Monitoring, reviewing the electrical assessors’ appraisal of risk assessments and method statement (RAMS) and recording observations in yellow jacket accordingly.
• Identifying and advising on any change in policy and procedure, through learning, legislative requirement or best practice.
• Conducting regular reviews at periods no greater that annual of the Mace electrical core standards.
• Providing authorisation to suspend works should deficiencies or lack of control be established.
• Managing escalated failings in the application of the Mace electrical safe systems of work.
• Supporting and providing adequate resource for electrically related near miss, accident and incident investigations.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include
• Significant experience in leading projects from start to finish.
• Super high specification finishes experience.
• Luxury project delivery experience.
• Good understanding of industry practices, processes and standards.
• Strong knowledge and experience in mechanical and electrical disciplines.
• Strong technology skills and proficiency with personal computers and business application software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A degree qualification in electrical engineering.
• With HS&E qualification i.e. IOSH or NEBOSH.
• A member of relevant professional body.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.